Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

is used 2 stroke parts sales a thing of the past?

I get the 4 stroke gig, but arent` there still people rebuilding or restoring 2 stroke ski`s anymore?

thought I`d have a quick sale getting rid of some decent parts. guess I was wrong...

+1
    Hello, I think there will always a market for parts. Sometime a period goes by when Yamaha GPR parts are in need, @ other times Kawi & Polaris parts become a hard fine. Timing I guess is just the unknown variable. You should list what you have & see what comes of it. Good Luck

+1
    2 strokes are dead..There are a few people still playing with them, but on the grand scheme of things they are dead in this type of application.

I put up a 2 page list of 2 stroke parts a few months ago and got NO interest in them.....

With the ability to pick up a 4 stroke for around $3000 in good shape or a used Spark for in the $2000 range, why would you sink $1500 to $2000 in repairing/replacing a 2 stroke engine??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    2 strokes are dead..There are a few people still playing with them, but on the grand scheme of things they are dead in this type of application.

I put up a 2 page list of 2 stroke parts a few months ago and got NO interest in them.....

With the ability to pick up a 4 stroke for around $3000 in good shape or a used Spark for in the $2000 range, why would you sink $1500 to $2000 in repairing/replacing a 2 stroke engine??
    yeah, sigh,,, I guess I was the rare sucker who kept updating/rebuilding and preventative maint on the jet boat. Thought I`d post up some good deals on good parts to the membership and someone would be all over them, I`ll just change my name to Rip van winkle, then go back to sleep.

+1
    Andy I listed 2 stroke stuff for sale some time ago. The hardest to find items went eventually and I still have the rest somewhere in a tote. I was going to list it on eBay but didn't want to waste anymore time on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Andy I listed 2 stroke stuff for sale some time ago. The hardest to find items went eventually and I still have the rest somewhere in a tote. I was going to list it on eBay but didn't want to waste anymore time on it.
    Hey Dave! how ya been!

thinking the same here, Ebay if I must, I`d rather toss someone a good deal and then they can flip or use these parts. worst case is I can make lawn art of of them!

+1
    Doing ok here, waiting for the lakes to go down from all the recent rain and flooding. Hopefully in the next week or so they will be down enough and all the floating debris will have made it across the lakes. Lawn art, you may be on to something

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Hey Dave! how ya been!

thinking the same here, Ebay if I must, I`d rather toss someone a good deal and then they can flip or use these parts. worst case is I can make lawn art of of them!

+1
    Hello, not wanting to still Pail Rider's thred ... but have to address Tiny's statement about 2 strokes all dead & getting a 4 strokes for $3K or Spark for $2K. I have yet to see such a thing ! I will grant you as time marches on ... the number of 2 strokes will continue to drop off. But as you are aware, but might be forgetting .... their demise is still very slow in coming. I see a lot of new riders getting into skis for the first time of whom, can not afford 4 strokes or even $4-5K for a Spark. Tiny, if you know where I can get a good runn9ing Spark for $2K, please PM me. I will set out on my way to get it. I think the number of 2 stroke riders on this forum will still be quite a bit for some time to come. Just my 2cents

+1
    well this is already a hassle with no return PM`s ... not worth babysitting the thread. I`m not going to chase people for info...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 06-08-2015 at 06:57 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello, not wanting to still Pail Rider's thred ... but have to address Tiny's statement about 2 strokes all dead & getting a 4 strokes for $3K or Spark for $2K. I have yet to see such a thing ! I will grant you as time marches on ... the number of 2 strokes will continue to drop off. But as you are aware, but might be forgetting .... their demise is still very slow in coming. I see a lot of new riders getting into skis for the first time of whom, can not afford 4 strokes or even $4-5K for a Spark. Tiny, if you know where I can get a good runn9ing Spark for $2K, please PM me. I will set out on my way to get it. I think the number of 2 stroke riders on this forum will still be quite a bit for some time to come. Just my 2cents

Not to continue to steal a thread but since you asked about cheap 4 strokes, here you go....

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...charged-657363

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...PORT-102329378

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information