Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Cape Cod weekend ride

I posted this over in the MA Riders group, but want to link it here too so more people to see. Any interest in a weekend (sat or sun) Cape Cod ride leaving from Falmouth harbor this summer? Lots of great places to go to... the vineyard, nantucket, etc. Been riding in the area for 10+ years, so happy to show folks around if there is interest. Anywhere from 25-65 miles (or more for nantucket).

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/grou...s#gmessage1508

Hey I'm actually renting a house in Sandwich right on the water in July and want to bring my ski down for the week. My only concern is where I'm going to be able to launch around that area and if they are gonna charge me an arm and a leg to do so. Any advice would be much appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueskigp View Post
    Hey I'm actually renting a house in Sandwich right on the water in July and want to bring my ski down for the week. My only concern is where I'm going to be able to launch around that area and if they are gonna charge me an arm and a leg to do so. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Falmouth harbor has a great boat ramp (free) and plenty of parking. Where on Webster Lake are you? I rode up there last week actually.

I keep my ski at my buddy's house which is right over by the marina in middle pond. Hes actually a member here, though he hasn't been on in quite a while. I used to live with him before he got married and he still lets me keep my ski there. Let me know next time your gonna hit the lake I'd be down for some riding. As for the cape, thanks for the advice I'll have to check out Falmouth. I'm pumped to get my ski down there, I'm still yet to ride the ocean.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueskigp View Post
    I keep my ski at my buddy's house which is right over by the marina in middle pond. Hes actually a member here, though he hasn't been on in quite a while. I used to live with him before he got married and he still lets me keep my ski there. Let me know next time your gonna hit the lake I'd be down for some riding. As for the cape, thanks for the advice I'll have to check out Falmouth. I'm pumped to get my ski down there, I'm still yet to ride the ocean.
    I cant post the pictures on here, but if you click my profile there is a photo album of maps for some great Cape/ Falmouth rides.

I'd be interested. Only I sold my 15f in plans for a 300X and ended up getting a Spark instead. I don't know how it would hold up in rougher water yet, still under 2 hours on it.

+1
    I'm interested Mike. I ride with a couple buds around North-Western MA...CT river but do a decent amount of travelling because I'm quickly bored with same old same old. Always wanted to ride down the cape area and I'll see if I can persuade the others to make a day of it. Set a date and I'm in...possibly 3 more

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BullZ View Post
    I'd be interested. Only I sold my 15f in plans for a 300X and ended up getting a Spark instead. I don't know how it would hold up in rougher water yet, still under 2 hours on it.
    I haven't seen a Spark on the water in person yet, so I cant say how well it would hold up. For cruising along the shore, it would be fine... but crossing over to the Vineyard in might be dicey if it's rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken62465 View Post
    I'm interested Mike. I ride with a couple buds around North-Western MA...CT river but do a decent amount of travelling because I'm quickly bored with same old same old. Always wanted to ride down the cape area and I'll see if I can persuade the others to make a day of it. Set a date and I'm in...possibly 3 more
    Great. I've been on the CT river once, up by French King Bridge... really scenic. Did you have any dates in mind?

+1
    French King Bridge? Yup that's the spot we ride allot..20min from home. It's peaceful but the water can be a little murky. I like heading further south to S. Hadley, Mitch's Marina. Night and day difference and hard to believe you're still on the CT River. It gets extremely crowded there though and the place has one cool party cove where they dumped white beach sand and it's extremely overcrowded every time we go.

Anyway...I shot the link over to one of my buddies that frequents the site for him to have a look and see if he wants to get a small group and make arrangements. Another guy I shot him a text so we'll see if they're game. I'm flexible with schedule but I just have to make sure it does not conflict with schedule with my kid...Saturday pickup at 5pm so I guess I should say right off Saturday's would be out of the question for me....unless her mom takes her vacation time and sadly that nut case some times tells me way in advance and other times tells me 2 days before I'm due to pick her up..woman.

+1
    Hudson River Run this coming Sunday....Great ride. Anymore MA riders what to go last minute? 4 skis and 6 ppl in our group making the travel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information