Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

More iBR issues after replacing module $$

Hey guys- After sitting all winter my iBR was not communicating with my PX260. Took a trip to the dealer who confirmed that I had a faulty module/actuator. Dealer replaced the module under warranty ($1250) and I launched her last night for the first ride of the reason. After only 5 minutes of riding I had the IBR light on AGAIN with the same fault codes, and the ski will not shift out of 'F'. Fault codes U0129, U16A4, U16A5. Could there be something else causing this failure? A common ground with another component? Low battery voltage? Loose connector pin? I'm pretty pissed and I need some advice on what else to check before I bring it back to the dealer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedXP View Post
    Hey guys- After sitting all winter my iBR was not communicating with my PX260. Took a trip to the dealer who confirmed that I had a faulty module/actuator. Dealer replaced the module under warranty ($1250) and I launched her last night for the first ride of the reason. After only 5 minutes of riding I had the IBR light on AGAIN with the same fault codes, and the ski will not shift out of 'F'. Fault codes U0129, U16A4, U16A5. Could there be something else causing this failure? A common ground with another component? Low battery voltage? Loose connector pin? I'm pretty pissed and I need some advice on what else to check before I bring it back to the dealer.
    My ibr issues ended up being from the starter solenoid

+1
    Scott- Where's the connection between the two? How does the starter solenoid affect the iBR communication?

+1
    Alot of iBR faults are the result of a low battery voltage on cranking, which can also be seen via a solenoid issue as mentioned above.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Have you pulled the harness to check for any damage or corrosion? Seen a lot exactly same as your issue harness was the problem

+1
    "Alot of iBR faults are the result of a low battery voltage on cranking, which can also be seen via a solenoid issue as mentioned above."

She cranks and starts just fine though.. No issues there. Maybe I should try a new battery anyways?

+1
    As weird as it sounds, it has fixed a number of probs.. they are very picky in regards to volts and thus amps

+1
    I don't doubt the electrical issues at all with the iBr. In addition, I would remove the entire IBr mechanism and make sure all the bushings and actuators are free, clear and move with ease. I have seen one of those white bushings jam up the entire movement of the Ibr. I have also seen one of those gray anodes come loose from the ride plate and jam up the works.

Frustrating for sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I don't doubt the electrical issues at all with the iBr. In addition, I would remove the entire IBr mechanism and make sure all the bushings and actuators are free, clear and move with ease. I have seen one of those white bushings jam up the entire movement of the Ibr. I have also seen one of those gray anodes come loose from the ride plate and jam up the works.

Frustrating for sure.
    Not to be a dink, but wouldn't the dealer do a thorough inspection to find the causing problem before throwing a $1200 module into it?

11. +1 by:

+1
    You would think that they would right? But how many times have you seen complaints on here about poor dealership workmanship?

That is why so many guys have gotten frustrated like you and end up doing the work themselves due to dealership incompetence.

At least removing the whole mechanism yourself you can personally verify that it is not the problem or is the problem and focus elsewhere.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information