Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultra 250x SC belt replacement question

Has anyone done this themselves? I'm having a heck of a time getting it around both the input shaft wheel and the SC pulley. Any tips would be great.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    have you taken the idler pulley OFF the adjuster ?

Yeah I did. I finally got it by using a wrench to turn the crank I was able to roll it on. Oh and FYI, be sure you put the engine mount bolt that's under the SC in before putting the belt on...it's a pain with that belt in the way.

Im im finishing up now. As for testing it out, out of the water, how much throttle is "ok" with just the garden nose hooked up?

+1
    Same as any other time you flush it. Hope you checked alignment and used the tension tool

Alignment yes, tension tool isn't here yet...come on ups lol

im hoping that's my problem on my other ski is the the belt isn't tight enough. Rpms max out but boost only gets up to 50% ish

+1
    Make sure you also checked why it failed

Ha, that is more or less impossible to find out...or so I would think. I left these things in the hands of someone else for the better part of 3 years. When I got them back a couple weeks ago there was a long list of issues and no one wanted to fess up to anything they did or "repairs" that were performed.

i just cranked it up and an odd "dinging" noise was coming from somewhere. Upon further inspection I saw that the dampener assembly ring (the outer piece that's on the sc pulley) is loose, like there's play in that ring . I couldnt see a place to tighten it...what am I missing ?
    Last edited by bdrilling33; 06-06-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    the dampener is stuffed ..REplace it ;(

Gahh not what I wanted to hear ha.

Back to to what nic said about finding out what happened in the first place and my response was that would be a slim chance. Well I have a theory. The orgins all belt broke for whatever reason and someone else replaced it and for some reason removed the sc pulley. My reason for thinking this is that the rubber pieces that fit over the dampener bolts aren't on there. (I was wonder what this rubber piece was I found in the hull and en on in the front storage). So I think maybe...just maybe when they took the dampener off they lost the shim/washer that comes off with it.

What do you think? Or any I'm just hoping for the best and it actually needs to be replaced? If so, can I order just the dampener or is it the whole pulley? From the parts diagram I'm looking at, there doesn't seem to be a part number for just the ring.

Thanks for the help
    BD

+1
    You need a new dampner/pulley also check the idler pulley bearing and that the aduster works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information