Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

05 215hp ECU on a new motor

I'm sure it's been done but can find it. Looking to put a new 06+ motor in a older ski with older ECU. How or what do I need to do. Can go either way on the engine harness 05 or 06+. Need to deal with the TOPS valve and OPAS oil pressure switch. They are not on the newer motor. Thanks for the help

+1
    The 05' harness/ECU would be looking for the 05' Crank trigger pickup
    In 06' the crank pickup is in a different position on the PTO

+1
    I wouldn't think that would matter. The timing is not different on the two motor is just located in a different spot. I'm not changing anything on the motor. I know I will have to lengthen the tigger wire.

+1
    In theory it should be fine trigger wise as the phasing actually hasnt changed, the oil pressure switch is easy to deal with and the tops valve is also.
    In reality, Its been asked a couple of times with no definitive answers in regards to the pickup.
    Its on my list of things to do once the 05 engine is back in a hull, will put a 06 and 08 ECU on it and see exactly what happens.
    The oil pressure switch is a single wire to ground I forget if its NO or NC, but if NC then nothing needs to be done. IIRC its NC though, but Im overseas and cant confirm right now.

You prob know already there are many here who take random guesses at questions, the standard 'its too lean' or 'your gas is no good' answer to everything, and others that just plainly talk out their arse.
    The amount of misinformation and those that get lead up the garden path is beyond a joke sometimes.
    Last edited by Spanners; 06-07-2015 at 03:25 PM.

+1
    I put an 11' motor in my 05' RXP. I used the 05' electronics, & PTO cover. I had to relocate the dowl Pin on the crank and slot the trigger wheel to make it run in the 05' position

+1
    Just need some info on how to trick the 05 ECU with a deleted TOPS?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by joewharton2 View Post
    The ECU is looking for 2ohms or there abouts as thats what a good sensor measures.

Easiest thing to fix both the OSPS and TOPS valve is to remove the 06 pump and bolt the earlier assembly - pump and riser etc on
    No probs then at all!

You would also need to remove the breather fitting and the plate on the cam gear end, but thats simple.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joewharton2 View Post
    The ECU is looking for 2ohms or there abouts as thats what a good sensor measures.

Easiest thing to fix both the OSPS and TOPS valve is to remove the 06 pump and bolt the earlier assembly - pump and riser etc on
    No probs then at all!

You would also need to remove the breather fitting and the plate on the cam gear end, but thats simple.
    Would the motor breath ok? I was thinking about doing that but was worried about motor breathing. I know the newer blocks have the 1/2" hole above the counter balance shaft. The older ones don't have it.

+1
    You could run the existing 06 breather at cam end and still the old oil pump section etc

+1
    Im in the middle of getting my 2011 engine (long block) running in my 2003 gtx ski..
    im needing a 2006 ecu. but here.. this is what the book reads..

1503 ENGINES — LONG BLOCK ENGINE INTERCHANGEABILITY
    2006 Engines
    The new long block will work on 2006 models but the 2006 ECM must be used along with it. (2007
    models have a single ECM). Simply remove the ECM from the old engine and install it on the new one.
    NOTE:
    The 2006 SCIC ECM has knock sensor resistors integrated into it. Earlier SCIC engines either had
    knock sensor resistors added or integrated into the engine harness itself. Running both sets of resistors
    will compromise engine performance. Carefully read and follow the below text.
    2005 and Older Engines
    The new long block will also work on 2005 and older models, but a 2006 ECM must be used for the
    following reasons:
    – CPS is in a different location and its resistance changed. Therefore the ECM uses a different logic.
    – Oil Pressure Switch (OPS) has reverse logic.
    – Oil Separator Pressure Switch (OSPS) and TOPS solenoid have been eliminated.
    2005 Supercharged Intercooled engines must also use a 2006 engine wire harness because there are
    knock sensor resistors integrated in the 2005 harness that can't be removed. 2005 Supercharged and
    Naturally Aspirated engines can retain the 2005 harness because there is no knock sensor resistors.
    However other modifications must be made as outlined below.
    2004 Supercharged Intercooled models can retain it's 2004 wire harness because the knock sensor resistors
    were added as per Warranty Bulletin 2004-4 and therefore can be removed. However, further
    modifications must be made to that harness as well as the harnesses on Supercharged and Normally
    Aspirated engines and are as follows:
    Engine Wire Harness Modifications for:
    – 2002 thru 2004, All Engines
    – 2005, Supercharged and Naturally Aspirated Engines
    1. OSPS and TOPS connectors on the engine wire harness must either be capped off or cut off and be
    sealed with heat shrink to avoid corrosion being introduced into wire harness.
    2. CPS connector is different. The old connector must be removed from the wire harness and the 2006
    connector installed. Parts needed:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information