+1

Bakerís Dozen: 2015 Kawasaki STX-15F JetSki

The title of this review might sound a little strange until you realize that’s how many years that the Kawasaki STX-15F is (with a major change being the change from a 1.2-liter to the larger 1.5L a decade ago). When Kawasaki built the STX back in 2003, it eventually becoming the brand’s entry level unit never crossed their mind. This was a ski built as Kawasaki’s flagship model at one time before the supercharged Ultras came along. Over time, it slowly fell down the ranks to an affordable entry level unit.

We recently picked up a new 2015 Kawasaki STX-15F and immediately went out to put a few hours on it. Honestly, after jumping off a supercharged Ultra to Kawsaki’s entry level ski with just over half the horsepower, we weren’t expecting a whole lot in the performance area. After a few hours of seat time, though, it’s safe to say this ski exceeded our expectations.

More at WatercraftJournal.Com
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 06-05-2015 at 07:47 AM.

I cannot agree with the review more. I am having a blast with my '15 STX-15F. My main purchasing factors were it provided lowest cost in class, respectable performance and higher reliability. Plus, I can fuel it up and burn only a small amount after a couple hours compared to some of the other ski's on the market. When you dock at a lake that is less than 2 miles in any direction, any more power and speed than the STX-15F offers would be unutilized.

3. +1 by:

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Kawasaki lists their weights with full fluids. So that 845 pounds is with a full tank of gas. The other 2 brands list weight empty.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    Kawasaki lists their weights with full fluids. So that 845 pounds is with a full tank of gas. The other 2 brands list weight empty.
    Yes, you're right. Sorry we didn't catch that when comparing it to the other models. With no fuel it would weigh about 746 lbs, which is less than the competition!

6. +1 by:

+1
    Like to see a little NA "Shootout" with the VXR on a dig and on a roll and on flat and the rough stuff..

Be nice to throw in the SD GTX 155 to make it more interesting..

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    One area I can tell you right now where the 15F shines is rough water. No it's not an Ultra but it will go predictably where you point it and provide no surprises. You can go as fast as you can hang on in the ocean.
    It wont do the pitch right then left, or anything funky. And the hull is strong. Great ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Like to see a little NA "Shootout" with the VXR on a dig and on a roll and on flat and the rough stuff..

Be nice to throw in the SD GTX 155 to make it more interesting..
    I'll be on the lookout.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    Not entirely. They do not list their weights with fuel, but with oil, when SD and Yamaha list their completely dry of oil (and coolant in the case of SD).

Thread Information