Help Installing the New R&D Tial Blow Off Valve on 2013 Yamaha FZS per R&D's Inst.

Hello Anyone with a 2013 FZS or FZR only who has installed the R&D Tial BOV per R&D instructions? I could really use someone assistance urgently. Please on 2013 only, prior years install differently, thank you.

Just did this install on a 2014 FZR.

What do you need to know?

+1
    Is it my A-D-D or did he not ask a specific question?!!

I am trying to determine where the black vacuum hose that comes with the kit goes. The instructions are not clear and I do not see the Map sensor the instructions is stating to attach the hose to. Thanks for replying.

Raptor,

I am trying to determine where the black vacuum hose that comes with the kit goes. The instructions are not clear and I do not see the Map sensor the instructions is stating to attach the hose to. Thanks for replying.

The black vacuum hose runs from the nipple on the blow off valve to a tee you install in the map sensor vacuum hose found on the rear of your intake manifold or to a brass hose barb you install in the rear zip tie mounting boss of the intake manifold. This line is run along the fuel rail towards the rear of the intake manifold.

Most people drill and tap the rear zip tie mounting boss on the intake manifold to install a brass barb fitting. Your kit should have came w/a 1/8" NPT brass hose barb to do this, as drilling and tapping a dedicated vacuum line in the intake manifold is the preferred install method.

Check out this thread;
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=232471

Riva has instructions w/pics here;

http://rivaracing.com/rt-3560-yamaha.html
    (RY17040-BV - FX-SHO-FZ Performance Blow-off Valve Kit)

This is the 1/8" NPT tap you'll need.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/1-8-n...d-tap-kit.aspx
    Last edited by Raptor; 06-05-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Raptor, I have all of those parts that came with the kit, I do not want to tap into my mounting boss, I want to use the adapter, however I can't seen to locate seem to locate the map sensor, but if you say its in that hub of wires at the end of the manifold, I will look there today. I have a jet ski trip coming up and I question how urgent do I need to install it or can it wait.

Raptor,
    I am going to get the R&D multi-pressure port adaptor kit Pt. #612-92006 which is for the new skis. Thanks for the information.

Thread Information