Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2014 SVHO Purchase or Not?

Hey Guys,

I'm really on the fence on whether I should buy this ski (2014 SVHO) NEW. I can get an amazing price on it. ~$12k out the door. They are also willing to give me $2800 for my 04 800 XLT. 140hrs or so.

My Concerns is:

The Hull... Is this going to be able to handle the Great Lakes and all the chop that we have here? Most of the time the water is not very calm. We do some wave jumping, nothing extreme. All of the reading I've done it's not encouraging. And now that they've changed the Hull in 2015 has me worried. Is this ski able to handle these conditions without failure. The GPR and the XLT have had no problems. I just would like a little more power then what the XLT currently has & be able to cut that chop better for the longer rides. Maybe I'm overthinking this. But I hate to buy this and then be disappointed. How much... is too much when it comes to rough water? What's the limit with this?

Last, should I just buy a FX HO? Or will I have the same issue with that? Less stress on the hull/smaller engine.

Thanks in advance.

+1
    Which SVHO hull are you referring to? FZ or FX? If FZ, no rough water, if FX, then you're fine. I have one of each (SHO) and the FX handles rougher water much better. The FZ hates anything over 8-10" chop.

Thanks for the reply,

The FX SVHO, is what I was looking at.

+1
    A some ski!!!

I own one and don't have anything negative to say about it!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mpprofire View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

The FX SVHO, is what I was looking at.
    HELL YEAH!!! AWESOME SKI!!! And that is a killer deal!! $13500 is a good deal so 12k is unheard of. Coming from an XLT you wont know what to do with the power and handling. I am very impressed with the FX SVHO! However you mention wave jumping. Personally I wouldnt and dont wave jump any 4 stroke ski. The weight of the engine is so heavy and has a lot of force when coming down.

Let us know what you decide. Good luck

+1
    FZR has held up fine for me. Look at my avatar pic lol

whales can fly!!

Banned User
    +1
    You can get a 2015 FZR all day long for $13,500 plus TTT. I had dealers fighting for my sale.

Get a 2015, they're a totally different ski than a 2014. A crapton more HP from a totally new and larger HKS supercharger, nearly 50lb lighter (a 2015 FZR weights exactly the same as a 2007 RXP), better sponsons and factory toploader intake grate, just to name a few things. The couple hundred you save buying a 2014 you'll spend 5 times that getting to the level of a 2015.

Thanks for all the replies. I guess my biggest question is just, How much air is too much? Currently, I never thought twice about hitting any wave/chop and getting some air. Obviously, on small inland lakes this is not an issue. But, on the bigger lakes the water can get rough and inevitably the ski will get some or a good amount of air time! (1-2seconds, I'm guessing)

Gus13: In Florida, I'm sure your getting some good air in Tampa Bay! Nic Pic.

I feel silly asking this question, but I don't want to screw up a brand new ski by doing something stupid.

Awesome Pic.

Was looking at the FX Model, basically for more storage. I still have the 04 GPR1300 for playing!

Quote Originally Posted by riick370 View Post
    You can get a 2015 FZR all day long for $13,500 plus TTT. I had dealers fighting for my sale.

Get a 2015, they're a totally different ski than a 2014. A crapton more HP from a totally new and larger HKS supercharger, nearly 50lb lighter (a 2015 FZR weights exactly the same as a 2007 RXP), better sponsons and factory toploader intake grate, just to name a few things. The couple hundred you save buying a 2014 you'll spend 5 times that getting to the level of a 2015.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information