Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

2013 FX Cruiser HO oil change question

Im going to do my own oil change and have ordered a oil extraction pump. My question is since I cant remove all of the old oil and intend to replace it with synthetic oil (rotella t 6 ) will I have any issues with the oils mixing?

+1
    You should be fine w/ a little mixing. Any reason you're not using Yamalube? It's a great oil. If you check out the GH-parts store up top, you should find a kit sold for the 1.8 motor that allows for complete removal of all oil. Good luck !!!

+1
    I second what Cliff said. Yamalube 4W.

4. +1 by:

+1
    yahama lube is not a synthetic oil is it? I have read some reviews on this site that suggested using synthetic oil and a wix or nappa gold or K&N filter. Is that a bad idea?

+1
    Yamalube is not synthetic. Here is the information on AMSOIL Synthetic Marine 10w-40
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...storefront/wcf

Quote Originally Posted by bradfordl View Post
    yahama lube is not a synthetic oil is it? I have read some reviews on this site that suggested using synthetic oil and a wix or nappa gold or K&N filter. Is that a bad idea?

+1
    I have always used yamalube & would recommend it, however I believe any good quality marine oil is good......regular oil changes are more important for long engine life!
    You can just about get all the oil out of the 1.8........drop the trailer jockey wheel as low as possible & jack the left hand side of the trailer (oil filter side) as high as possible.

+1
    thanks for feedback. Sounds like I should stick with the yamaha brand filter and oil.

Did an Oil Change on my 2009 FX/HO 1.8Lt, and wanted to switch over from the Yamaha OEM Oil Filter to a K&N (KN-303) filter, but after removing the old one, the sizing did not match up. The new K&N filter was smaller in diameter, and the "O"ring did not seem to cover the base plate on the engine sufficiently, so I ended up not installing the K&N. I searched the K&N website to confirm the part #, but it seems they do not list a filter of the 1.8, so right now, I will have to go to the Yami dealer in the morning and get an OEM filter for this season. Has anyone else had this experience?
    Last edited by Airboss; 07-05-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Did an Oil Change on my 2009 FX/HO 1.8Lt, and wanted to switch over from the Yamaha OEM Oil Filter to a K&N (KN-303) filter, but after removing the old one, the sizing did not match up. The new K&N filter was smaller in diameter, and the "O"ring did not seem to cover the base plate on the engine sufficiently, so I ended up not installing the K&N. I searched the K&N website to confirm the part #, but it seems they do not list a filter of the 1.8, so right now, I will have to go to the Yami dealer in the morning and get an OEM filter for this season. Has anyone else had this experience?

+1
    FYI Its a K&N HP1002 FILTER. I did manage to get almost 4 quarts of old oil out with the vacuum pump by lowering the trailer toung to the ground and lifting the side of the trailer the filter is on a few inches.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information