Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

12 rxt-x scom, 15/20 solas 72mph

It looks like I bought too much prop, I should have gone with the 15/19, I picked up 1 mph over the stock impeller with the 15/20 but it dropped my rpms to 7,850, I would like to be at 8,000, the riva scom works! I was able to pick up 5mph over the stock 67mph. while it does not add any power, it allows you to add mods to gain speed. I'm not sure why people say they dont work? If I keep the ski a vtech tune is in the future, every time I gain 1mph I want to see 1 more, just never enough. I feel like I have rung everything out of this thing without a tune, thanks for all the help and support.

+1
    No one has said the SCOM doesn't work but it only removes the GPS limiter and all the others are still in place. Just like you are trying to figure out what pitch to stay below 8040 is a pain. The money you have spent on the SCOM and impellers could have come close to buying you an ECU reflash and bypass ALL the limiters. As you are finding it is minimal gain for a lot of effort. Most have come to the same conclusion and reflashed anyway, therefore causing MORE expense and effort.

+1
    add a flash to that ski and it will come alive.

And use a gps . That prop and a scom wont get you 72 . You are prob at 70mph

+1
    he's at 72.3 or .5 so right now GPS on lake water. I assure you. He's also running a larger Torc I/C.

I think he should not get the flash done...lol

My 300x is not real happy about this.

+1
    You guy's are killing me, LOL! I started off with the direction of the scom because I had bought a ski that still had warranty and I didnt want to void it, I never installed it on that ski and bought another rxtx without warranty, I tried to return the scom to riva before I installed it and they said no, so I figured why not give it a try, I was out the 200.00 dollars anyway, so for 200 I picked up 4mph amd then another 300 for the impeller and I got another 1mph, I think 5 mph for 500.00 is pretty damn good, all of my reported speeds come from hand held garmin, my dash actually sees 74mph, I post my results honestly and have no reason to make false claims, the ski has run a best top speed of 72.7 to be exact with the 15/20. I dont look at it as a waste of money for the impeller, I will either take it down a degree or sell it and put the stock back in, I would like to dump another 1k in the ski for a tune but just cant stomach it right now, my goal was just to be a little faster than my friends that I ride with and I am there, again I appreciate the help from the forum.

Just like the riva free flow exhaust everyone over looks why people might not wana drill a hole in their ski and install a thru hull or when it comes to a reflash run something that may require injectors or so on.

I too have gotten the vibe the scom does nothing due to what people have said about them.

Impressive gains and glad to see someone broke away from the mold of spend $1000 to reflash or you're doing it wrong.

8. +1 by:

If the scom could be sold and used on another ski id say sure . Bang for the buck mod to get you started than once the speed big hits you a simple order on the store will have your vtech to you within a week . But since riva vin locks the stupid scom it becomes a 200 dollar paper weight .

+1
    Thanks for the feedback formula29. I have read a lot on here that it is garbage but only you and gus13letter that I have seen have actually tested it out and showed the results.

Does anyone know if the R&D boost box also get locked to the VIN once you install it?

+1
    I don't know the answer to that, you can call R&D and they actually answer the phone and will talk to you about it, that is a down side to the riva being vin locked to the ski, I just wanted to share what I found out with my ski with the scom, I researched it a bit and did the mods that made sense, The F/A delete was a very noticable gain and free,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information