+1

CMD engine temp issues

So after going through the 133 page sticky and not finding answers, thought I would ask for help.

Here's the problem.
    I can't get a valid reading for the engine temp, it keep saying 21.7 regardless where the actual ski temp is.

From reading sticky page 2, I taped in the gray wire out of the 3 remaining ones off the WB2 to the engine temp sensor.
    From page 9, I entered the input/temp values and enabled the temp function and clicked OK.
    At rest it's showing -226 in the software engine temp section, as soon as I wake up the ski, it rolls up to about 140, then rolls back to 21.7.
    It takes a few seconds for it to settle in at 21.7 it slowly creeps there say from 22.9 to finally staying put at 21.7

Another thing I noticed is the pressure reading is always way high in the CMD software around 99, but this one varies but pretty much stays in the 90's.

I'm flashed with Vtech V1100 using ID1000 injectors.
    RRFPR set at 60psi non rising if this info is needed.
    Hopefully it's all related to a wrong setting somewhere

Here's a screenshot of my settings.
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150603_084544[1].jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	361034

+1
    Forgot to add, if I remove the gray wire tapped in the engine temp sensor, nothing changes.
    It's like it's not picking up any signal from that solid gray wire.

This does not need to be complicated. The input labeled Engine Temp is really a volt meter looking for any signal coming at it between 0 and 5 volts. The sensor (whatever that sensor is) just has to feed 0-5 volt signal back to the CMD. Now this is the fun part, you can define in the CMD what 0 volts relates to. What 5 volts relates to. If you only define 2 points, the CMD simply does not care, it simply displays whatever you defined the curve as.

As an example, I have a fixed 5 volt power supply that I feed a pressure sensor. I defined 0 volts as 0 PSI and 5 volts as 100 PSI per the pressure sensor instructions. I screwed this sensor into my water supply line going to the intercooler and now I seen pressure in the field that the CMD thinks is air temp. All I do with this data is log it.

Bottom line is you need to figure out what voltage the sensor is sending out a each known temperature and then just set up the CMD to get the units correct.

Hope this helps

Andy

+1
    Thanks Andy but unfortunately it doesn't help.
    I'm not over complicating things here.
    I've given the temp and volts input as per sticky (look at my screenshot).
    I've even hooked up a voltmeter to engine temp sensor and used those readings, still doesn't work.
    Thought my gray wire to sending unit contact wasn't good, so I un-hooked it. I then noticed it wasn't making any changes to my readings.
    Dynojet is supposed to get back to me today on the issue, hopefully it's user error and not another out of warranty product defect.

+1
    I guess you have the wire terminated on the second screw in?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    I guess you have the wire terminated on the second screw in?
    Yes, wires are on proper screws.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150605_064022[1].jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	361157Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150605_064247[1].jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	361158

+1
    I could be confused but the temp tap is going to the CMD module not the wide and module?

+1
    You might have something there. I know the wb2 gray wire is for 5v analog input but maybe not eng temp specifically? I'll run a wire from the CMD unit to the sensor and see if that works. I'll do it when the black flies aren't as agressifs, probably lost a liter of blood to them just by taking those previous pictures. Oh, and disregard the picture of the wires I took earlier, thats the WB connections, not the same gray wire I had connected the sensor to.

+1
    Well, "USER ERROR"
    I was hooking up the WB2 gray wire (pressure) when I should have been hooking up to the CMD instead.duh!
    Now my readings are 20 degrees to high but at least it's registering something!

Tried to enter values in only 2 rows as Andy suggested, well got back (") error is not a valid value so left it as is with values I took from sticky.
    Will play with them and see if I can't get this closer to what the gauge or infra red gun is saying.

Thread Information