Gp1200r resurrection

New to the forum, been searching around for a few weeks and decided to register and post a few questions. I work as a service technician at a car lot in Charleston, SC and recently picked up a gp1200r that's been in our inventory since 07. The Owner gets them serviced every year and said he recently had a new cylinder put on mine. Started and ran fine on the trailer with the flush kit. Dropped it in the water after work and it seemed pretty sluggish. Got about 2 good blast out of it and then it stalled and slugged back to the dock. Did a compression test, 1 was 90, 2 was 80 and 3 was 30. Pulled the motor and got the head off and noticed number three had the ring sideways in the cylinder. When I pulled the exhaust there was also no catalytic converter or D plate installed. what problems with the exhaust present if left in the current condition? also I noticed a very small indentation at the bottom of cylinder one no real scoring do you think I would be okay to reuse a cylinder? i'm planning on pulling the bottom end apart to make sure nothing got down in the case and was going to use SBT cylinder exchange program to get it all back together. Will the sleeved cylinder be detrimental to the performance/ reliability of the ski? I've never had a reliable 2 stroke anything and want to do my best to make this ski 100% because I dont like the idea of being stuck in any body of water. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

personally I would send the cylinders out to Millienum Technologies and have the cylinders checked over, honed, or bored and then replated. most people say stick with OEM cylinders vs the SBT sleeved ones. Millienum also can get you Pro-X pistons matched up to your bore omg with the top end bearing.

3. +1 by:

Thread Information