+1

How is the lower San Jac river?

Was thinking of going this weekend but not sure how the river or boat ramps are since the big rains. I normally launch at Love's. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by skamp View Post
    Was thinking of going this weekend but not sure how the river or boat ramps are since the big rains. I normally launch at Love's. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Steve
    Steve,

Loves last week was completely flooded but the river levels have receded quite a bit since then. Good Times is my where I always launch- they have a long steep ramp. I have a report from wakeboarding friends this morning that the LSJ is in good condition and ridable. I am hitting the LSJ Saturday and making a run to Kemah for lunch.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rocket View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skamp View Post

Steve
    Steve,

Loves last week was completely flooded but the river levels have receded quite a bit since then. Good Times is my where I always launch- they have a long steep ramp. I have a report from wakeboarding friends this morning that the LSJ is in good condition and ridable. I am hitting the LSJ Saturday and making a run to Kemah for lunch.
    Good to hear. I do have a question about Good Times. Is the ramp ok? I heard there is a hole or something unless you stay to the left. Any insight on that? Thanks!

Steve

Yes the ramp does drop off and the only issue I ever had there was launching my Dads 25' CC but that was nothing 4wd couldn't handle. Jetski trailers and small boats wont have a problem.

I will be down at GT Saturday and running down to Kemah for lunch at Outriggers. You are more than welcome to tag along.

6. +1 by:

Well we went and rode the lower San jacinto to Kemah last weekend and it was a beautiful ride. We launched at good times and I apparently dropped the trailer off the rear and got a flat so that sucked pretty bad but I learned you have to stay to the left of the ramp when facing the water so I'll just say it was a 100.00 learning experience. I really enjoyed the run down the river but the ship channel was busy and pretty choppy.

I made that run as well on Saturday. We got a bit of a late start but ran 40mph in the Challenger the entire way and it was nice and smooth.

Sorry to hear about your tire

+1
    I went out Saturday as well. Went down to the battleship. The river was pretty clear downstream. There was a lot of junk in the water upstream from Good Times. Was trying to make it up to look at the dam but turned around due all the logs and other crap. I have to say the ramp at Good Times is challenging. There is no good place to tie up or beach without breaking out bumpers to avoid getting your ski bashed against the dock. I also don't like all the wake when trying to get the ski back on the trailer. I think I will stick to launching at Loves.

Steve

I will be on the river Sunday in the red Challenger that is in my avatar. If anyone is out stop by and say hi

And again Saturday.....anyone? Bueller?

Is the Houston area dead?

I will be on the river Sunday in the red Challenger that is in my avatar. If anyone is out stop by and say hi

+1
    And again Saturday.....anyone? Bueller?

Is the Houston area dead?

Can you ride your ski from loves to outriggers??

Thread Information