Exclamation buying a sn superjet as first standup?

okay so i have a gp1300r right now with some mods to it to make it faster but i really only ride it on a lake where there are no waves and its getting boring quick. so i want to get a stand up. I'm going to look at a 94 square nose with the 701 62n motor, basically all original. "very low hours , original stock motor runs strong , great compression. stainless impeller, scoop, aftermarket waterbox. ready to go " so i am wondering if this is a good fit for me, i will be riding on a lake, rode one back 8 years ago when i was 12 a old kawasaki 750 and loved it now i want one for myself. i am 6' 2" 225 so I'm bigger but I'm a college football player and i wakeboard and stuff so i don't think it will be too hard for me. do you think this ski will work for me? also what should i look to pay? no trailer, really good condition and the owner says compression is 162 and 158. also what should i look for and do you think i need to test drive it or will firing it up out of water work fine? also final question i have a single place trailer, can i move the bunks to transport this to go pick it up and will it be safe? thanks all

anyone?////?/?

+1
    Bring along a compression gauge just to verify. If the comp looks good, then go for it. It will haul you around the lake just fine. Those yami motors are stone cold reliable. I'm 6'2" and 215 and my 650 SN does just fine. You will soon be leaving the GPR on the trailer and just riding the SJ. You can move the bunks to trailer it. Just make sure it's tied down securely. In our neck of the woods, that ski would go for 1700 - 2500. Aftermarket parts are plentiful when you want to go faster as well.

awesome, do you think i need to test ride it or no since i never rode one before basically, i might just do the compression test?

+1
    Just a comp test, and crawl underneath to look at the condition of the prop should be enough. Oh, and make sure it starts!

Good luck and enjoy.

+1
    Do yourself a favor and rebuild the carb with genuine Mikuni parts. You never know how good or bad they are by the outside.

awesome now quick question, when buying it he has the title, so what i need to get it registered is a bill of sale, and the title signed over to me ? i don't have to go to the notary with him correct? i can just get the bill of sale with his name and signature on it then i can get it registered by myself?

+1
    yup.

Thread Information