Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opinions GTR 215 or RXP X260

The rxp is pricey so I will have less money to mod it, the GTR IS $3000 less. I'm only looking to GPS around 72-75

Sorry both skis are 2015

+1
    It's a personal decision. If you like the GTR 215 more because it is cheaper, purchase the GTR 215.

I guess my question should be can the GTR be modded on the cheap to run with the RXP X

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by holdmeback View Post
    I guess my question should be can the GTR be modded on the cheap to run with the RXP X
    I would determine which hull you think will work for you before worrying about speeds. The GTI and T3 hulls perform totally different.

+1
    Those who are worried about top speed are usually not concerned with any sort of budget. Gains are expensive on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    I would determine which hull you think will work for you before worrying about speeds. The GTI and T3 hulls perform totally different.
    Good point.

+1
    They both will perform nearly the same. Same limiters, top speed etc. Gtr is lighter and has more storage. Cheaper. Depends what hull you want, thats the difference oh and $$$

+1
    It will cost you $1000 right up front just to take out the IC that is inside the intake manifold and get a good quality external IC, brackets, hoses, etc.

If you are going mod at all, the P-X would be a much better starting platform. You will spend more than $3,000 just to get the same hole shot, acceleration, and handling, IMO.

If you can be content with a GTR as is, go for it. If you are going to mod, P-X.

9. +1 by:

+1
    The PX is a much different ride than the GTR. The PX is more of a single ridder ski IMO. Yes it can handle a passenger, but it not really built for that. The GTR is more of a all around ski and family pasenger friendly.
    The Stock X boats IC has been proven to be junk and will most likely fail. So IMO sure it has a IC, but I would upgrade it as to not have that worry.

The GTR has the same Injecters, same rear SCer houseing making the upgrade to a X impeller and front houseing very simple and cheap. And you know what both need some sort of ECU FLash to perform better anyway.

SO IMO pic the one that will be a better ride for you likeing.

+1
    Don't forget to check on a left over RXP-X from last year. Good way to close that gap some. I'd also look at the RXT-X as a left over. T3 hull on the RXP-X's is a turning machine and chop cutter. S3 hull on the RXT-X is all around great performer at all speeds and conditions. S3 hull is also the easiest to get speed out of.

GTR is a nice ski but if your concerned already about mods then the RXP or RXT-x's will be a better starting point. If you just a do a simple intake and R2 tune(or Vtech 8250/8350 recreational tune) on either ski you'll hit 72MPH GPS with ease. So figure about 1K to 1.2K.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information