Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha warranty

Yamaha warranty

So I'm wanting to mod my ski, svho, and concerned about voiding my 5yr warranty, can anyone tell me what I can do mods wise for more power and speed without voiding my warranty?

Well for what its worth, Yamaha sells Riva parts last I checked (e.g. air intake, exhaust, etc) so my guess is small things like that aren't going to void your warranty. But if you throw a Motec and a high boost wheel on it, well good luck. I think a lot comes down to the dealer who is doing the warranty work. You can squeeze some solid performance out of the SVHO platform without doing any crazy mods.

+1
    Depends on the dealer molt on wont void your warranty..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmcd View Post
    Well for what its worth, Yamaha sells Riva parts last I checked (e.g. air intake, exhaust, etc) so my guess is small things like that aren't going to void your warranty. But if you throw a Motec and a high boost wheel on it, well good luck. I think a lot comes down to the dealer who is doing the warranty work. You can squeeze some solid performance out of the SVHO platform without doing any crazy mods.
    best bet is contact dealer that you plan to take your ski to if anything were to happen and ask them and if you can install with them that way nothing comes back to you as far as install.

Banned User
    +1
    I asked this very question my dealer stole one of the big RIVA techs. They said as long as you don't open the motor or change supercharger wheel you're fine. ECU Flash, bolt ons, etc are okay. If it comes in for warranty they can just flash the ECU back to stock. Good news is the 2015 can do 80+ with just a flash and impeller. It's much, much more powerful than the previous models.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by riick370 View Post
    I asked this very question my dealer stole one of the big RIVA techs. They said as long as you don't open the motor or change supercharger wheel you're fine. ECU Flash, bolt ons, etc are okay. If it comes in for warranty they can just flash the ECU back to stock. Good news is the 2015 can do 80+ with just a flash and impeller. It's much, much more powerful than the previous models.
    Damn, who is your dealer, a reflashed ECU raises the rev limiter way up. guarantee when something happens they're gonna say the high rpm levels caused it.

Riick you bought from Deland motor sports right?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatermckimm View Post
    Riick you bought from Deland motor sports right?
    Yes I did. Not sure if I regret that decision or not right now. I'm sure you've read the story what happened.

I almost bought that ski, but went with a left over fzs they had.....who told us about the warranty, I just had them install a riva free flow exhaust and want to do more just don't want to void warranty

+1
    Have they done anything with the chains on the 2015? I know the 2014 chains still break. Was wondering if anyone asked at the dealer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information