Thinking about buying RXP X

I have never owned a seadoo ski, I had a seadoo challenger, and I lost a few engines, I have noticed lots of people turboing Thier seadoos, are the superchargers on these things still having problems? I only want to know because buying an rxp x is expensive enough lol has anyone had any problems with Thier 2015 RXR X

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    2015 model year PWCs have been in the water for what, maximum 4 months? You might want to poll owners of previous model years. I've got a fairly comprehensive cost of ownership thread that I've kept updated since I bought mine in 2013. You have to read the entire thread unfortunately - you aren't able to edit posts after some duration so additional data is spread in subsequent posts.

+1
    The reason guys are putting turbos on is because they are speed psychos-not because the supercharger is unreliable. I have a '14 RXT-260 with 112 hours of ocean use and haven't had any problems but I am having the SC rebuilt because the word on this forum is the bearings start to give up with this amount of use.

+1
    it really depends what you want out of the skiis, if you leave the ski stock, the supercharger should last you 100 hrs trouble free then you will need to send it off and have it serviced, and then you are good for another 100 or so. The px is an awesome ski and a lot of fun, we turbo these things usually for 2 reasons, 1 because we are stupid and want to go faster than the blowers will allow, and 2 because they no longer have clutches to go bad and should be a lot less maintenance.

+1
    I will sell you a 2012 RXPX.

Thanks for the info guys...Cody why are you selling the 2012? I may just buy another yamaha

+1
    Have had three boosted 4tecs. I currently own a 2010 rxt 101 hours and a fresh s/c rebuild) and a 2013 rxpx with bolt-ons. Haven't had a problem with either.

I own 2014 RXPX! I'm at 161 hours ,and it's been great so far. I had no major issues or problems. I am still on stock supercharger (no rebuilt yet)! I will send in my ski to dealer for rebuilt when I get close to 190hrs.

+1
    I've got a 2015 rxpx and the 2015 rxt-x and overall both are great skis. Ask yourself what the goal of the ski is. If not insane turning All the time , you may like the rxt-x better! It's got a faster hull and feels way more responsive vs the px

I have 12 hours on my 2015 RXT X... first ski and I'm getting a very quick feel for the aggressive machine.
    It's cuts through chop and wake with ease. I'm simply amazed by its intuitive feel

Thread Information