Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

movin on up to a 2012 px and a 2011 rxtx

Ok well im thinin out the heard of ski's, sold two 2004 rxp's that were yellow and in impeckable condition, sold the 2007 gti and the 2006 yamaha gp1300r. Purchased a like new 2012 px with a stage one kit and athena ecu and got it dirt cheap with a trailer from dallas and im getting ready to get the 2011 rxtx with 40 hours from austin next weekend. From what i understand and have been readin the tx will most likely outrun the px but who no's. my wife does not like 3 seaters but i guess the tx has a two seat on it. ne way the px seems like it has a real bad dead spot when u try to rev it up, just sittin on the trailer ???? seems like half trottle is just dead till u push it further ??? anyway someone said something like u better ck the knock sensor on it, not sure on that one. let me no what everyone thinks, thanks again for the input. ps: i would like to get them both in the 75mph range.

+1
    And again i guess there is some problem with the ride plate and the pump ?????

+1
    i'll get off the water4fire thread.

+1
    Also what is the difference on the rxt and the rxtx ? and price difference ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboted View Post
    Ok well im thinin out the heard of ski's, sold two 2004 rxp's that were yellow and in impeckable condition, sold the 2007 gti and the 2006 yamaha gp1300r. Purchased a like new 2012 px with a stage one kit and athena ecu and got it dirt cheap with a trailer from dallas and im getting ready to get the 2011 rxtx with 40 hours from austin next weekend. From what i understand and have been readin the tx will most likely outrun the px but who no's. my wife does not like 3 seaters but i guess the tx has a two seat on it. ne way the px seems like it has a real bad dead spot when u try to rev it up, just sittin on the trailer ???? seems like half trottle is just dead till u push it further ??? anyway someone said something like u better ck the knock sensor on it, not sure on that one. let me no what everyone thinks, thanks again for the input. ps: i would like to get them both in the 75mph range.
    px probably felt dead because it wasn't in sport mode Throttle isn't sensitive in eco or touring mode.

+1
    its got that athena ecu on it, does it still have those modes with the riva unit ?

+1
    I would for sure water test the P-X with the Athena ECU. It has been well documented on here that many of them have a lot of bugs to work out. If the owner got them all worked out then great. If not, good luck with it.

+1
    I also had the Athena on my PX. With the help of Rob and so many countless hours on the computer with him (Remote connection) he finally got it worked out. The ski ran like a bat out of hell, But just would not start correctly or idle wright. It was just hard to start and had a sporadic idle. But I dealt with it till I put Motec On it. It can work. BUT you need to monitor it. With at least a AFR meter. They set the timing low so don't even worry about that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboted View Post
    The RXP-X should be faster than the RXT-X especially if the RXP-X is "stage one". Throughly inspect and ride both skis before you purchase them.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Ted drive 4 hours north and we will test these turds out!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information