Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

New to me GP1200.

How did I do? Ski runs and rides great. There's about 210hrs on the ski, 11hrs on the motor.

Thing handles nice, sharp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150530_191709.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	360621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150530_191646.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	360620   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150530_191635.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	360619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	360618  

+1
    Well we do not know what you paid. However, we can all agree you got a great modified super ski. Have fun & like the wind O-Yeah, welcome to the Hulk.

3. +1 by:

4200. Including the trailer and a 2 bottles of interceptor.
    Thank you for the welcome.
    Time to learn.

+1
    From the pics & description, sounds just about right ... with ban 11 hour engine .... You scored big!

6. +1 by:

Yeah. Nada shows 4330, but KBB shows 2600
    Its all relative. She's quick and turns and carves. Previous owner claimed GPS @70mph ,I'm 6'3 and 230lbs, don't know how possible that is....

+1
    Sounds like a decent deal. You paid a little up for it compared to typical but.... you got a ton of performance parts, a freshly broken in rebuild, and the outside of the ski looks well maintained. The lower priced skis usually have SBT rebuilds or some other crappy parts. This one seems worth the money you paid and should serve you for a good long time. Good luck with it! I bet you're really close to that claimed speed as well. If not, let us know, we'll help get you the max out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Sounds like a decent deal. You paid a little up for it compared to typical but.... you got a ton of performance parts, a freshly broken in rebuild, and the outside of the ski looks well maintained. The lower priced skis usually have SBT rebuilds or some other crappy parts. This one seems worth the money you paid and should serve you for a good long time. Good luck with it! I bet you're really close to that claimed speed as well. If not, let us know, we'll help get you the max out of it!
    Thank you man!
    I had it out yesterday before sunset in some fairly calm water. The best I could get it to was 66mph indicated. Trim set to the first "click" towards nose down.

Previous owner has it jetted for 40:1. I'm running interceptor with 93 oct ethanol free fuel
    I'm 6'3 232lb.
    She handles and runs great. Just wondered about the top speed.

+1
    Some of the guys on here really know how to make these fly. If you're looking to maximize yours, I suggest taking speed readings with a hand held GPS unit. The factory speedo is really not that accurate...especially with aftermarket ride plates and modified hull angles. We also use an aftermarket tachometer to record and display peak rpm readings. From accurate speed and rpm readings, we can often tell which modification needs to be tweaked or what to do next. The top speed is in the ballpark for what you have and the conditions you described. The next time you're in really calm water, do a few speed runs. Start with the trim in neutral, and each run go one click nose up and record the speed. There may come a point where speed starts to fall off with the trim that high, but you'll know what position your ski is fastest in. Sometimes the ski will bounce or "porpose" at top speed. When that happens, let us know. When the ride at speed is stable enough, you can ride in the "superman" position which has been proven to gain you about 1mph. Keep running 40:1 and super unleaded until you take a compression reading. Let us know what compression you find. Finally, look over the "sticky" posts in the GreenHulk performance and the FAQ sections. Good luck and keep us posted!

Some of the guys on here really know how to make these fly. If you're looking to maximize yours, I suggest taking speed readings with a hand held GPS unit. The factory speedo is really not that accurate...especially with aftermarket ride plates and modified hull angles. We also use an aftermarket tachometer to record and display peak rpm readings. From accurate speed and rpm readings, we can often tell which modification needs to be tweaked or what to do next. The top speed is in the ballpark for what you have and the conditions you described. The next time you're in really calm water, do a few speed runs. Start with the trim in neutral, and each run go one click nose up and record the speed. There may come a point where speed starts to fall off with the trim that high, but you'll know what position your ski is fastest in. Sometimes the ski will bounce or "porpose" at top speed. When that happens, let us know. When the ride at speed is stable enough, you can ride in the "superman" position which has been proven to gain you about 1mph. Keep running 40:1 and super unleaded until you take a compression reading. Let us know what compression you find. Finally, look over the "sticky" posts in the GreenHulk performance and the FAQ sections. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you. Right off the bat, I was running with nose down trim. Nose up is faster? Boy....I'm a newb. Thanks for your help...I'll get onnsome testing.
    Last edited by Robfromga; 06-02-2015 at 01:42 PM.

So I at just hate life. I'm thinking the rebuilt motor...either isn't rebuilt or he did a shitty job. Front cylinder: 100-105psi, middle and back cylinders: 120psi.
    Motor cold, all plugs out,throttle wide open. I'm at about 500' elevation.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information