+1

Finally got past the 5 hours on the new skis

So today I finally got the 2015 RXT-X and 2015 RXP-X past the 5 hour mark and they certainly both had more power. Ironically they are switched to what I thought they would be to be quite honest. I really figured the RXP would be a powerhouse ski that would just rip and "feel" much faster then the larger RXT. Just the opposite actually, the RXT feels considerably more responsive and faster which is kind of disappointing. I did the RXP final hour today getting over the mark and then did a few 10 sec WOT runs. It showed full boost and hit the 8080 RPM after being heat soaked and run for about an hour and the dash was indicating 69mph like it should. I had it in sport mode and it's fast don't get me wrong ....and then...I got on the RXT.

After about an hour on the RXT it too hit the 5 hour mark and I could tell when this happened just by the response on the engine , boost levels etc. What's odd the most is the RXT flat out rips ass compared to the RXP. It feels much much more responsive and flat out pulls very very solid. It was simply sad to say but it feels faster and maybe even a little more fun over the RXP. What was shocking however was the pull it has and I noticed it would consistently and easily peg 71mph on the dash and was revving 8150-8190 RPM even after being totally heat soaked and crappy weather conditions. I was shocked to see this RPM actually and yet solid speeds. It pulls so hard to 71 you drastically feel the GPS limiter kick in and I mean drastically feel it slow down and cut power to not exceed that.

I didn't think stock they should be turning those RPM's and that 8080 was the limiting RPM. It's not like it will peak there and quickly back off...it will stay almost 8200 RPM. The RXP slowly crept up to 8080. The RXP runs very smooth and it's possible I was expecting more then what I was simply going to get. It's just odd to feel the RXT pull that solid and have it pulling like it does to the point when it backs off the speed, you Drastically notice it. The RXP not so much. Maybe I simply got a good healthy RXT and the RXP is a turd run of the mill.

Well regardless I came home went through every clamp after Abbott's deal to make sure maybe I was not creeping boost somewhere. I found the RXT had quite a few looser hoses the RXPX were nothing crazy but I still went through all the clamps I could find.

Relatively happy still just bummed a bit the RXP feels like the slower of the two. I will tell you this...the RXT is flat out fast as hell and while I only did 10 sec hits on it ...It's simply a bad ass machine and very pleased with it!

M

+1
    Trim position really affects the Rxpx. Mine likes to be all the way up for best top speed. Over all, IMO the Rxtx hull is faster. That being said, I still prefer my Px over the Tx.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks Troy , I didn't think to look at the trim in those runs to see if it was still up on the rxpx. I agree the Rxt hull feels faster for sure since it seems to sit more on top of the water then the px. I'm still shocked the rpm the tx is pulling. It's not cavitation .. It feels like a stout engine for sure ... I thought 8080 was the ecu Max in stock format ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Thanks Troy , I didn't think to look at the trim in those runs to see if it was still up on the rxpx. I agree the Rxt hull feels faster for sure since it seems to sit more on top of the water then the px. I'm still shocked the rpm the tx is pulling. It's not cavitation .. It feels like a stout engine for sure ... I thought 8080 was the ecu Max in stock format ?
    Supposedly they dont completely open up until 10hrs, but, 8080 is supposed to be max. Maybe you got an international model?

6. +1 by:

+1
    I'm not kidding 8150-8190 rpm straight line ..next time out , I will screen shot it. I'm telling ya it's wicked fast from 50-71 mph on the dash ! It's 100% stock down to all the oem warning stickers !

+1
    It is perfectly normal to see overshoots of 8040 rpm, but IT WILL always drop rpm below 8040 rpm and creap back up. This is how the iControl ECU's are programmed from the factory:

TUNING INFORMATION:
    The iControl Engine Management System has several factory limitations that must be considered when tuning/modifying your watercraft.

GPS Controlled Speed Limiter:

U.S. models are governed to 67mph and International models are governed to 72mph. Note that this is actual speed as measured by hand held GPS and not speed displayed on instrument cluster.

Engine RPM Limiter:

Both U.S. and International models have a factory engine RPM limiter set at 8,040rpm. Target engine RPM for modified applications should be 7,900-8,000rpm. The design of the iControl engine rev limiter allows the craft to run closer to limit than previous generation Sea-Doo’s without surging or losing power. iControl system will automatically close throttle as needed to reduce RPM if engine rev limit is reached.

Torque Limiter:

Both U.S. and International models have a control system that calculates throttle position, boost pressure & engine RPM to limit maximum torque. When torque limit is exceeded, system will close throttle as needed to stay within factory specifications.

Reference:
    Jerry's post FEB 2011 - http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...highlight=SCOM

When you want to bypass these stock limiters a re-flash of the ECU or replacement such as a Motec M130 have proven to be optimum. Forget about the Riva SCOM or R&D Boost Box due to they only remove the GPS limit and the other limiters are still in place!

The differences you are seeing is the difference between a T3 hull (PX) and the S3 (TX) hulls. The impellers in each ski are most likely slightly different also.

Have fun with your new toys!

+1
    JP exactly and that's what my rxp does but the (T) will run 8100 if I let of at 70 indicated , a little more rpm it will hit almost 8200 at 71 indicated and then you can feel it pull power. It's way more (butt dyno) pull from 50-70 on the (t) vs the (p). The (p) eases up to the restrictive setting while the rxt will blast right to it. Long story short the (t) just feels so much stronger then the (p). Both broken in the same, same fuel , heat cycled 4 times at 1 hour followed by overnight cool downs etc. I'm not complaining .. It just feels super strong vs the (p)

+1
    Also realize the GPS rounds up 0.5 to 1.5 mph on almost all ski's. Use a Garmin handheld GPS and you will see it for yourself. What is funny is the stock GPS is accurate to the tenth ( logged on my Motec M130 ECU) and matches my Garmin to the tenth, but the display lies……..go figure.

11. +1 by:

+1
    I traded my '12 RXP-X because it felt "dead" when accelerating. IMO the T3 hull is purpose built to go fast in rough water and turns. I now have a '14 RXT-260 and I agree with your assessment that it feels much more responsive than the RXP. What I notice about the behavior of the speed limiters is they take effect at different times and rates. Sometimes they will quickly reduce engine speed and other times it will run a few seconds longer at the unrestricted speed. This is normal as far as I'm concerned.

13. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks gents for the thoughts , pro1200 that's exactly my thoughts too. I'll keep the px for the rough water turning but I can't lie , the RXT turns very good too!

Thread Information