Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ditch The GPR And Go With FX SHO?

I've had my 2004 GP1300R now for a few years, but the little one is getting older and a larger three seater would be nice to do some tubing or skiing. A local dealer has a brand new leftover 2013 FX Cruiser SHO right now for $10,500 + tax, prep, & license, which is tempting. Will I miss the GPR if I get rid of it?

+1
    Based on tubing or skiing, yes, get the FX. Will you miss the GPR? That's really a personal preference that nobody can answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Based on tubing or skiing, yes, get the FX. Will you miss the GPR? That's really a personal preference that nobody can answer.

or get chapped by one while on the lake lol

Quote Originally Posted by nitrousballa45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post

or get chapped by one while on the lake lol
    Lol, the speed is fun, and I probably will miss it, but it may be time to move on. Any input if the price on the FX SHO is a good deal?

+1
    Pricing looks about right. Not a steal and not horrible.

+1
    I have a 4 and 7 year old... We tube, ski, wake board, ECT behind my fzs and it works great for all. Both my kids also drive the ski very well. I am an x gpr owner and dont miss it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lww View Post
    I've had my 2004 GP1300R now for a few years, but the little one is getting older and a larger three seater would be nice to do some tubing or skiing. A local dealer has a brand new leftover 2013 FX Cruiser SHO right now for $10,500 + tax, prep, & license, which is tempting. Will I miss the GPR if I get rid of it?
    Where you located?

+1
    i miss my gpr heaps! but the speed and acceleration of the fzr is awesome. Thinking i may get a cheap gpr so i can still go all out jumping waves

+1
    IMHO at this point, the FX sounds like it will fit you better than the GPR. The holeshot is really good for tubing and skiing, plus the larger hull is more stable for multiple riders. The GPR shines for a low buck, smaller lake, sporty ride ski and many 4 strokes will be surprised by how fast they can be made to go. As said before, an honest conversation with yourself will lead you to the right choice. The FXSHO would be like a Cadillac CTSV and the GPR is a standard Corvette. Would the money you get from selling the GPR make it seem worth it? One of my buddies bought a new Kawasaki but kept both his 2004 and 2000 GPR's. To him the money he would get for the 2000 wasn't worth not having an extra ski in case one went down and the 04 is modded and ported. Maybe you should have 2 skis?

Around me, the new leftover 2014 FX SHO's are running $10,999 and the 2014 new leftover FX SVHO's are running $11,199. The cruiser package was about $200 more for each. Plus tax, title and dealer prep. I then tried to use those 2014 prices to then negotiate an equivalent price reduction on the new 2013 leftovers from other competing dealers (there weren't many 2013's around) to which dealers told me to pound sand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information