how many gallons are left when the fuel light comes on.

recently purchased a 2011 rxt260. i know that the fuel capacity is 16 gallons. noramlly I stop riding when the fuel light comes on. i noticed that when I refuel, i can only get 10 gallons in it. is there really still 6 gallons of gas still in the tank, or am I mistaken about the fuel capacity. let me know. thanks

+1
    My 2008 RXPX light comes on and I have burnt about 10 gallons through it. So you have almost 6 gallons left. Not sure exactly how much you can suck out of the tank. I have not wanted to try.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlup19 View Post
    recently purchased a 2011 rxt260. i know that the fuel capacity is 16 gallons. noramlly I stop riding when the fuel light comes on. i noticed that when I refuel, i can only get 10 gallons in it. is there really still 6 gallons of gas still in the tank, or am I mistaken about the fuel capacity. let me know. thanks
    That sounds about right. With my RXT I just make a mental note of when it comes on and ride "about" another 1/2 hour. Yes, I have had to swim it in once so I wouldn't recommend this approach if you're very far from shore.

+1
    For my 16 gallon GTI, I have approx 4-5 gallons left when it starts to beep, so about 25% remaining.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    For my 16 gallon GTI, I have approx 4-5 gallons left when it starts to beep, so about 25% remaining.
    Mine also triggers when I have between 4 to 5 gallons left in tank.

Even with all my mods, I'm getting around 5mpg with mixed throttle. I might push 80-90 miles on a full tank if I eco mode the whole time and return on fumes (never tried that). If I'm riding aggressive, I'll be very lucky to get 2.5mpg. WOT the whole time...I don't even want to know!

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    miles per gallon?
    I would have no idea how many miles I get per gallon.

"Time to empty" - I got that! Guess I can get m.p.g from a lil math here....

On my GTR I can run down 16 gallons in about 65 minutes (+/-), figuring that youre covering water at appx. 65mph - I can go 60-65 miles W.O.T.

"eco" mode is very, VERY hard to stay in for any lengthy duration. I have managed to stay there for, painfully, 7/8 of a tank (appx 3.75 hrs) and I covered about 150 (+/-) miles.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    Mine also triggers when I have between 4 to 5 gallons left in tank.

Even with all my mods, I'm getting around 5mpg with mixed throttle. I might push 80-90 miles on a full tank if I eco mode the whole time and return on fumes (never tried that). If I'm riding aggressive, I'll be very lucky to get 2.5mpg. WOT the whole time...I don't even want to know!
    I can tell you from races, 60 litres plus fuel to the very top of the filler neck, 28 minutes WOT near 9000rpm empty, I have to run 75% throttle last 5 minutes to finish the race so probably 25 minutes to empty, not cheap on race fuel, was on around 11.9 afr whole run 16 or so lbs boost, she guzzles

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    miles per gallon?
    I would have no idea how many miles I get per gallon.
    After a long and new ride, I open up google earth and trace where we went to help me figure out how many miles we did. I do this so next time we ride there, I know how to adjust my finger throttle so I don't run out of gas or can push hard. I try not to get gas on water as only thing available is rec-90 (octane). A few times I had to drive back in only ECO mode like an old lady....only to find out I had enough to play hard.

+1
    If you have a gps. It should logged how much you have travelled

Thread Information