HELP: sl750 polaris not getting any fuel

My polaris will not start on its own. I got it started with a little starting fluid but just dies ones it burns through it all. I took my fuel lines off and noticed there was no fuel at all in the lines. I have the knob turned to ON and i also checked to see if the fuel filter was clogged and it wasn't. Just empty.

I am thinking maybe the fuel pump is bad?

+1
    Alright, after all the help and time I've had with my SL 750 maybe I can shed some light.

As anyone here will tell you read K477's site which I'll link you right to the 750/Fuji section . If you have not replaced the fuel lines, fuel pump, fuel select valve, you're wasting your time, you NEED to do it, or you will lean burn your motor, oh, and get them carbs rebuilt. Depending on the year (I have a 93, first year of the 750) you may have fuel lines, just lines, in the tank, personally, mine rotted thus I had to pull my tank, which for the record, (if K477 reads this maybe he can add this) pull the oil tank out of the way. Ugh, I learned the hard way. Now, EVERYONE here will tell you get the triple outlet fuel pump, I did not go that route, I used the one from 785/780 and bought it on eBay with the lines and the T connectors for $60. Take it from someone who just got theirs running, it's worth it, it is a fun ski. Address though issues and you'll be good. Keep us posted. I'd love to be able to offer some advice.

Cheers!

Im planning on doing the triple outlet pump but at the moment i just wanna get it running on the hose. I have a SL650 for parts. I was thinking of just replacing the fuel pump from that one and see if it runs for now. I have a 94 750 and a 94 650

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nismooo View Post
    Im planning on doing the triple outlet pump but at the moment i just wanna get it running on the hose. I have a SL650 for parts. I was thinking of just replacing the fuel pump from that one and see if it runs for now. I have a 94 750 and a 94 650
    Don't have ass it. If she runs when you put premix (never starting fluid, it's hard on a two stroke) down the throat, then you're good. If you don't address the issues, you won't have it on the water long, maybe a day. Take your time, I can't force but for the love of your motor, go through it properly. Hell, go to Autozone or w/e and do a compression check, if you're good there then fix her up. If you don't know what good compression is post your results. It's not worth reusing an old FP, and rebuilding those cost almost as much as a new one, that's one reason to go with the dual outlet like the 785/780, those are worth a rebuild, also has a higher flow output, can never have too much fuel being delivered

thanks man!

Deff not going to half ass it.
    I already ordered a triple pump and its on the way.
    I will check the compression also

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Octoarms View Post
    dual outlet like the 785/780,
    Clarification - The 780 had a triple outlet fuel pump, but a bit different design than the recommended 750 upgrade that has a higher flow rate. I believe the 785 has the fuel pumps built into the carbs and is a completely different animal. The pump you used is not stock on either motor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Octoarms View Post
    dual outlet like the 785/780,
    Clarification - The 780 had a triple outlet fuel pump, but a bit different design than the recommended 750 upgrade that has a higher flow rate. I believe the 785 has the fuel pumps built into the carbs and is a completely different animal. The pump you used is not stock on either motor.

My apologizes, it's the DF62-702 I know Yamaha used it on their 1100s

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nismooo View Post
    thanks man!

Deff not going to half ass it.
    I already ordered a triple pump and its on the way.
    I will check the compression also
    You will thank yourself later. Please read the link I gave you. LOTS of useful info, post here your questions, I just finished my 750s fuel system so it's all fresh in my mind.

Thread Information