Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FZR or VXR?

Banned User
    +1

FZR or VXR?

I know this has been asked before but I would still like to read some opinions.

My GP1300r blew it's motor last Friday, long story short I sold it yesterday for 2 grand. Time to buy a new ski with warranty and be done with it. My financing is approved I just have to pick something out.

My riding style? Glassy calm twisty rivers of Central Florida. Very tight turns at very unsafe speeds. Handling is a must. Top speed must be at least 70mph. I do not touch the ocean or salt water.

+1
    Rick, the VXR will handle most peoples need for speed, but you seem like a speed freak. FZR-SVHO. Sorry about the GP-1300R.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    It all comes down to how much you will want to mod it in the future and over all just how fast you will want to go. They are both good machines, but your more limited with the VXR as far as upgrades. On the flip side, if your more interested in fuel economy and reliability, then the VXR would be the way to go.

Like I said, it all comes down to how YOU want to use them.

Banned User
    +1
    I want a 5 year warranty and any mods I do will be done that don't void it. Ride plate, intake, etc.

Out of the box the VXR is faster than a FZR, but can you even mod the FZR for power that doesn't void the warranty?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by riick370 View Post
    I want a 5 year warranty and any mods I do will be done that don't void it. Ride plate, intake, etc.

Out of the box the VXR is faster than a FZR, but can you even mod the FZR for power that doesn't void the warranty?
    Hell no a vxr at being faster the an fzr lol

+1
    The VXR is not faster than the FZR out of the box.

+1
    Dont thinkk the vxr is faster out of the box. Not sure where that came from. Just read that again I was thing a svho. my bad.

I just got a 15 svho and coming from a 70 plus GPR I can tell you they are noting alike. The gpr is a small quick nimble machine. The svho is a big 3 seater couch that can fly. With some mods it will turn better than it does now but I doubt will corner like the gpr. As I get older and just want to go ride the svho is a nice change. Going out this afternoon to run them side by side should be interesting.

Banned User
    +1
    Well, I gotta a buddy who's the sales manager of dealer that has an FZR in stock. Let's see what he can do to sell it to me. New 2015 asking 14,300 and it has a couple hours it was used at a demo ride event. What would be a good price?

+1
    Dealers around here are advertising brand new zero hour FZs for $13k. For a demo ski I would want at least $500-$1000 off that...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by riick370 View Post
    Well, I gotta a buddy who's the sales manager of dealer that has an FZR in stock. Let's see what he can do to sell it to me. New 2015 asking 14,300 and it has a couple hours it was used at a demo ride event. What would be a good price?
    11,500... Anyway, buy the FZ, get the R&D intake grate, have Jim mod the stock ride plate and add the SCOM and you'll be plenty happy with no warranty issues.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information