Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Reprogramming GP1300R ECU

I know a couple of years ago we could finally get the GP1300R ECU reprogrammed. It seems like it's not offered anymore...anyone know the reasons why? Is there anyplace around that will still do this? I'm not looking for more fuel or timing, I would just like to raise or remove the rev limiter. That seems to be the last piece of the puzzle going triple pipe EFI. Any ideas or input would be appreciated. Thanks.

+1
    R&D use to reprogram them , did mine and loved it but don't believe they do that ski anymore..

Give them a call..

+1
    Hey Prism, Dave was one last guys to get an R & D Reflash. No one does them any more. If you find a company to do one let me know .... I would go for it also. The only choice you may have is still try to locate an Advent ignition Good Luck

4. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for the responses. I forgot to add that this would be a 2003 PV ECU which was never offered but don't know why. I may call R&D today and see if they have any ideas. I've done some research on raising the rev limit, but have only found some hardwired, ECU re-clocking device found from some obscure manufacturer. I don't trust the look of it or how it supposedly works and have never seen or heard of anyone ever using one before. My gut is telling me to run but there are no options. Anybody know if there is a way to use an Advent with EFI? Might call them as well....if they're still around.

Banned User
    +1
    Please let me know. I wanted to 1390 but without the CDI to support it being made anymore it's pointless. I'm not waiting 2+ years for some old used CDI to appear that may or may not work blowing up a $5000 motor.

+1
    No good on any of the avenues I've persued. I called R&D, Riva, Advent and a few other tuners. Nothing is offered. It just blows my mind in this day and age no one has come up with a solution. Especially with all the backwards engineering going on around the world and everyone offering tuning and chips these days. A damn smartphone could probably run a GPR if someone made an app and an interface. Heck, they do it with cars now...

Banned User
    +1
    The age of the two stroke is over. Why bother 1390 when you can just 4tec swap and go faster for cheaper?

9. +1 by:

+1
    Cheaper is not true at all, and faster is debatable. If you think what happened to your current ski sucks, just wait till you see what a boosted 4 stroke that bites the big one entails. Talk about ass ache! The broken 2 stroke will be easier and cheaper to fix. A broken crank in a 4tec equals finding a new donor ski engine. Now if you're talking a stock 4tec conversion, eh, they run about 80 depending on the model (early 4tecs would be cheapest) and that wouldn't be faster than a good triple... heck it's only marginally faster than a good set up single.

11. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    My motor was a total loss, over $4500 to repair. You can buy a brand new 4tec from Seadoo for less than that. Or you can buy another ski for $3500, use the motor and part out the hull for $3000.

Can't do that with a 1300.

+1
    And buy motor mounts, and driveshaft modifications, pay someone to do the work....unless you can handle it yourself...and when is a parted out shell of a hull (minus all the good stuff you're gonna need) worth almost the total you bought it for? And if you're now in the "do it yourself mood", you could fix your ski now for under 2 grand using quality parts. If you did buy a $3500 supercharged donor ski, how many hours will be on it? You do plan on at least going through the supercharger and engine if it's truly a $3500 ski right?

I don't understand your last statement.... I can't do what with a 1300?
    Last edited by Prism; 05-28-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information