07 FX HO vs 1998 Seadoo GTX

Hey everyone, first post here.

I just recently bought a 07 FX HO. It currently has 80 hrs and judging by the way it runs and looks, it has been well taken care of. Also have owned the 98 Seadoo GTX for the last 5 years.

What im wondering about the Yamaha, is when im out on the lake and cruising and in certain instances when a wave hits the bottom of the hull, it sounds like its going to fall into pieces. I dont know, maybe im just used to riding my vintage Seadoo and perhaps the hull is a lot more rugged? And from what i hear i cant even imagine what its like riding on a Nano hull. Is this fairly normal and something i shouldnt be concerned with?

Also, when going through a no wake at idle, the hull vibrates and makes a noise (very obnoxious). its just up front (where gas tank is) on the left side, and if i put just a slight pressure on it with my hand it all goes away. Its a great ski, but im feeling as if this thing is really flimsy. what gives?

+1
    This sounds normal. You can put rubber pads between the panels that are vibrating to quiet them. The GTX hull you had IMO was the best Sea-Doo ever developed. I still have my '98 GTX-RFI and it is just a great all around hull for handling, ride comfort and style. I had both an '09 and '12 Yamaha and neither one worked for me.

Thanks, thats what ive been afraid of. im really trying to like this ski, which i really do, but every time i hit a wave, im wishing i was riding my old GTX.

Rubber pads between the panels? care to elaborate?

+1
    http://www.acehardware.com/search/in.../19541496&sr=1

Go to the hardware store and pick up some pads like these and stick them in the spot where there's rubbing. The vinyl ones are water resistant.

Thread Information