Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pensacola to Destin

Will be in Pensacola for the 4th of July anybody down to take a ride to Destin either the 3rd or the 5th?
    Ive never attempted this so any advice would be nice.

+1
    Doing the inside or outside or loop?

I'll be in Panama City that weekend...plan to make a ride by ski to Destin one day. Not sure which yet.

+1
    That's a very nice run. We have done it several times. I have from Destin to Penscola taking the Gulf in the early morning to grab lunch at Hooter's and hangout, taking the Intercoastal area the way back stopping in Narvarre area taking a break and along the way stopping at sand bars/beaches taking breaks. It's about a 100+ miles with a few fuel stops in the Fort Walton and Destin area. We send GPS routes to Billy Crews its on his website http://pwctrailfinder.com/

Have fun, I maybe out that way as well. Not sure yet

+1
    My buddies and I have done the inside loop from Peg Leg Pete's in Pensacola to Ft Walton. Going to Destin wouldn't add that much more to the trip. We did it on supercharged skis and fuel range is a non issue. I'm thinking it was around 34 miles from Ft Walton to Peg Leg Pete's. If the winds are going to be up you need to be done with the trip before lunch. Unless you like a wild ride! The sound can get bumpy on the Pensacola side of the Navarre bridge. Just follow the markers once you get closer to Ft Walton all the way to Destin. If you are not familiar with the area because there are some shallow spots. We did the trip two years ago on Labor Day weekend. We wanted to go last year, but the winds were up so we just played in the pass at Destin. We did run from the pass at Destin to the Okaloosa Island Fishing Pier and turned around. It was one of those situations where your buddy goes over a swell in front of you and you can't see him. That was a tad much for this KY boy!

Here is our trip report on pwctrailfinder. If you have any other questions let me know. Its a awesome ride!

http://pwctrails.blogspot.com/2013/0...-to-pcola.html

How many times will i need to refuel? I have a 2010 rxt 215.
    I mostly ride inland lakes and waterways in louisiana so tackling the gulf will be a little different for me but im think im up for the challenge

Thanx that should be useful

Id like to mabe do a loop just to get the best of both worlds you know

+1
    We only had to fuel up once, we fueled up in Penscola coming from Destin after we ate lunch at Hooter's. You are probably good for 75-90 miles depending on how fast you cruise. We ran about 40-50 mph most of the way. Most of the group have super charger ski's. I'm good with my 2008 RXP-X with mods for around 85-90 miles cruising at that speed. You can't really miss the outlets at either end.

+1
    Yeah if you miss the passes you don't need to be on a jetski!! LOL! We filled up at the Santa Rosa Yacht and Boat Club on the Pensacola end. On the Destin end there is gas close to the harbor at Destin Marina. There is also gas at Ft Walton at Adventure Marina. Plus a good place to eat with docks called Helen Back Café. I also recommend Peg Leg Pete's in Pensacola. They have docks you can pull right up to and go eat. You will love the pass at Destin going out. You can grab as much air as you want. While a tad intimidating the first time, its not sketchy. Well unless there is a big storm coming in. I haven't been thru at Pensacola so I can't comment on that. Just stay away from the rental skis!!! We watched a group of two rental skis with six riders try to go out the pass at Destin. Needless to say they didn't make it far. Last year it was a red flag day on all the beaches so you had to be on your A game going out. Check out Crab Island while you are there.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skewba98z28 View Post
    Yeah if you miss the passes you don't need to be on a jetski!! LOL! We filled up at the Santa Rosa Yacht and Boat Club on the Pensacola end. On the Destin end there is gas close to the harbor at Destin Marina. There is also gas at Ft Walton at Adventure Marina. Plus a good place to eat with docks called Helen Back Café. I also recommend Peg Leg Pete's in Pensacola. They have docks you can pull right up to and go eat. You will love the pass at Destin going out. You can grab as much air as you want. While a tad intimidating the first time, its not sketchy. Well unless there is a big storm coming in. I haven't been thru at Pensacola so I can't comment on that. Just stay away from the rental skis!!! We watched a group of two rental skis with six riders try to go out the pass at Destin. Needless to say they didn't make it far. Last year it was a red flag day on all the beaches so you had to be on your A game going out.

Check out Crab Island while you are there.
    + 1 ^, Helen Back Cafe is very good. The Destin Marina is great to catch gas with the floating jetski docks to pull up on. They will also come out to hand you/turn on pumps and of cost collect for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information