flyboards issues

So I am running a 2008 Kawasaki ultra 250x with a fly board. I have just put a new impeller and stater vain on my jet ski. In running just the jet ski it goes flawlessly with no problems. My problem is when i hook up the flyboard it seem to give the rider of the flyboard allot of vibrations. What could be causing all that vibration for the rider?

+1
    Sounds like cavitation to me, vibration with a lack of thrust?

Is it a standard impeller?

Was the wear ring changed at the same time?

Yeah... All PWC's are going to get a decent amount of vibration when hooking up to a flight device. This can be fixed by getting a dual impeller that's specifically tuned for flying. You'll kill the vibration and fly about 10ft higher too. Here's a link that explains more and goes over a few other mods you can make to your ski.

http://defywaterflight.com/pages/flight-setup

I put a 15/22 solar impeller on ... the wear ring wasn't wore down bad so I just used the old one ..I thought it might be cavitation but when I run just the ski it runs flawlessly with what feels like no lack of thrust so I thought that it might be something else

15/22 solas impeller*

Ran just the ski it goes 67mph ...forgot the rpms but to me that seems like it should be about right for top speed.

I though about putting an aftermarket anti cavitation cone on do you think that would help?

also do you think that I need to replace the wear ring even though it was warn down at all really?

Also converting it over to duel impeller would I have to change out the stater vain and few other things or would that impeller mount on my stock stater vain?

+1
    For questions on the dual impeller best speak to Skat, the cavitation with a flight setup is often down to the intake grate/ pump design, when the ski is doing above 4000rpm the ski should be moving fast (30+ mph) and the grate designed to scoop water into the pump, when flying at 4000 rpm the ski isn't moving so there is no forced water intake, i think the kawa pump design is more reliant on the forced water input, I'm not sure if the the other anti cavitation fixes will be that effective as they are all based on moving skis, only the yet to be released zapata impeller is actually designed for hydroflight even the Skat dual was designed for racing (better acceleration but lower top speed) but the front impeller helps feed water into the main unit overcoming the lack of forced water from motion (or at least that's how i understand it)

A worn wear ring wont help the cavitation issues but a new one may not fix them but might help and is a good idea with a new prop.

Exactly what HDAV just said. With a stock impeller, the jetski is trying to throw water out the back at high velocity, but at lower pressure. A perfect stock impeller that doesn't cavitate while riding, will still probably cavitate when hooked up to a hydroflight device because the water just cant flow that fast through the system. With all the added friction in the U-pipe, hose, and nozzles, the water gets backed up and needs more pressure, and less velocity.

The stock impeller on my 260 seadoo is something like a 14/19, but the dual impeller is an 8/15. This drop in pitch enables the impeller to get a better "grip" on the water, provides higher pressure at the nozzles/feet, and almost eliminates cavitation. The dual impeller should work with your existing pump without any further modifications needed.

thanks for all the information it has been really helpful

+1
    Have you got the issue sorted?

Thread Information