+1

Cmd auto tune or similar

Hey guys,

i took the ski out last weekend and messed around with the fuel now that I picked up the 80lb injectors. I am super rich at idle and not happy while on power. Basically, I am getting tired of this fuel problem and want to get something with an auto tune so I can just ride it. My mods are below, my question is, can I do the basic cmd and use the mtx-l (or I have an lc1 or aem) wide band or should I ditch the rotax ecu and go with a vtech tune? I want something that I don't need to mess with every time I go out and can go ride. Let me know what you guys think, I don't have the money for motec, although it is awesome, I use it at work. I want something that will keep me not washing down the cylinders and only running at wot.

thanks for your time,

jeff

+1
    Was that ECU mapped for 80's? May have been for 60's.... @ 8650 60's should be plenty big enough, with a RRFPR, and an AFR guage.

The CMD w/Auototune will clean up just about any fuel map with any Injector size. U can get just the CMD (PC5), and use an MTX-L, but will take quite a bit of manual adjusting, to get the map right. Autotune makes things nuch easier. Just set the target AFR u want, and it does the rest. Once u accept the changes, the map gets better each time. Any spots that aren't perfect then, u can fine tune them if u log them. (logging is best done with the optional POD-300 display) which u can use for AFR, RPM, TP, Temp, Boost, Duty cycle on the injectors, and wont need a separate AFR guage with it.

I've run the CMD W/ Autotune on my old Les cooke 9,200 flash with 80's & turbo
    My TORX 10K limit with 80's & turbo
    A Riva 8650 with 48's SC'd, & turbo
    and now on my stock 8100 with Rude 1 charger& 42's

Big CMD user and I love it. Get the autotune and POD logger, to make it childs play. If you're tired of fueling problems, you'll wonder how you've lived so long without CMD. Tell it the AFR's you want and it'll do the rest. If there are any blips for any reason in the logs, it's a 20 second job.

+1
    So I am looking at the Dynojet CMD Marine Fuel Controller - for all SD with Siemens ECU, Single Channel WB2 base kit for Autotune Feature and CAN Cable to connect CMDM-6210 to WB2. Is this all I will need? Also, I know that the cmd autotune will replace my current MTX, but can I install a random WB gauge, or do I need the dynojet specific gauge? I know when you get the LC-1, they say you need the specific gauge for it, then it comes in and it is a generic gauge that has an lc-1 face backing on it.

Thanks again for your help

Thread Information