Upgraded Supercharger Washers?

Today, I finally got around to pulling my supercharger so I could get it sent out to be rebuilt. When I started the process I noticed some copious amounts of grease had been placed around the mating surfaces around the supercharger so that intrigued me. Nonetheless, I carried on.

Once I got the supercharger out I was surprised to see that I think whoever previously owned my ski had already done it! I bought it from the second owner who didn't know much about it but it seems the original took better care if it than I thought.

Just to confirm with you guys though; Do I already have upgraded metal washers? I read the ceramics were a greenish tint and that these could be the SeaDoo metal ones which are bronze?

No gaps or anything too, so it seems as though I may have wasted some money on the rebuild kit I just purchased for it hahah.

+1
    Those are 1st generation Seadoo metal washers.....those are the older style that were still known to have issues....How many hours on the Charger rebuild??If its close to 100 or over 2 years you might really concider rebuilding the whole thing to be on the safe side...

Agree with Snoman, these were the stepping stone fix between the nightmare ceramic and the final solution. These 'gold' washers were a million times better than the ceramic BUT still had failures, but to a much lesser degree. They were only around a short time 08/09 ish.

if you have bought the kit and pulled the charger, just rebuild it. You don't know how long theses washers have run or not run. It's cheap insurance at this stage.

+1
    A supercharger with those gold washers is long overdue for a rebuild.

5. +1 by:

Thread Information