+1

Newbie checking in....the dealer finally goy my 2015 VXR

Well, I finally got my RED 2015 VXR that I ordered in March. I am completely new to PWCs, rode a few years ago in the 2-stroke era not enough to amount to anything though.

Let me give a shout out to my dealer, TIMS FORD POWERSPORTS in Winchester, TN. This was my second purchase from them, bought a 2013 Commander XT there, he had the best price at the time, no run around, no sales pitch, no hidden charges. Gave me the OTD price first thing. For some reason Yamaha pushed back manufacture of these new ski's a month, I was originally supposed to have it in April. $10,500 OTD for the ski, and $500 for the "SEAdOO/Karavan Move" single trailer. So I was on the water for $11000 TOTAL, plus tax and tags with the Yamaha 5 year Warranty included. He even threw in a couple of shirts and nice Yamaha tie down straps.

So with no frame of reference let me give my impressions. Wish the glove box stayed open and was a little wider, door feels cheap, no biggie, but the FX box is nicer. The handle bar cover is the same way. It is more stable than I thought, Im a big clumsy ofe 230lbs+, but can walk around on it and stand on one side no problem. The seat is comfortable, the mirrors suck.

Now on to the RIDE system, IT ROCKS. Picked it up quick and is great for a newbie. The fly by wire throttle is ultra responsive, reverse throttle is instant, neutral is great. When you crank it it has forward thrust only long enough for the gate to come down, it barely moves an inch. The exhaust sounds good, you can tell its no 1100. The ski is faster than I am right now. I cant compare hulls, but it was very stable at all speeds. The nose still seemed low in the water like previous Yamaha skis. The foot wells still fill with water, but bow spray was very minimal. Managed 120+ miles and exactly 10hrs for first weekend ride/break in.

Fixing to order stuff for the first oil change, get rid of the safety spout, and add a 12V plug in the glovebox. So far happy, and sunburned, and sore ...but in a good way.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk, Kinslayer17. You pick a great ski fast enough & yet very stable and comfortable. You did not state where you live .... I assume TN.

+1
    Yes, Im in the Memphis area dodging bullets. Wishing i could ride, but it seems to rain every weekend. Greers Ferry is on my list for a weekend trip, Ive never been. Did Pickwick for the break in on Memorial Day weekend, it was choppy as hell with the winds and all the boat traffic.

Thread Information