Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question X-charger or vortech wheel upgrade? Time for sc'r rebuild rxp215

Hey guys, so I have an rxp 215 with some mods already. Due for the second rebuild on my supercharger. Want to get some more performance aiming for 75 mph. Currently mods are thru hull exhaust, opas delete, aqua vein grate, pwr filter intake kit and 14/19 solas. My question is what would be the more cost effective route since I'm due for rebuild anyway and provide better gains, rebuilding my stock sc'r and adding the wheel or going to the x charger with 42's? Thanks!

+1
    Your best bet would be to go with a ET 127 wheel,42s and a fresh rebuild..that's the cheapest and IMO the best route

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1923

+1
    42 lbs injectors are not big enough
    the only way they work is because the timing on the siemens ecu has very low timing over 10psi
    low timing richens up the motor and the low timing keeps it from over reving
    you put a vtech flash with more timing the 42lbs wont make it to 8000rpm before it does 100%ds
    hell 48lbs are too small

+1
    42s are to small for a 127 wheel with stock ICer?????news to me....I've run 42s on my wifes ski with an X charger,XS ICer and no issues.....I think your thinking something different

5. +1 by:

+1
    oh ya you fix the ecu and the ski will wake up and run out of fuel
    15-18* timing is a joke, 25-30* and its a different ski
    Last edited by skidoochris; 05-24-2015 at 09:44 PM.

+1
    Vortec waste of money...ET 127.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    the only way they work is because the timing on the siemens ecu has very low timing over 10psi
    you put a vtech flash with more timing the 42lbs wont make it to 8000rpm before it does 100%ds
    hell 48lbs are too small

an 11 lb boost wheel is fully capable of running on 42 lb injectors has been for years reguardless of what the vtech data logger or the cmd says!
    Like others stated go 127 for the following reasons. You can beat the shit out of it and the slip won't drop. Tuned ski that wheel can push 78-79 mph on stock revs with supporting mods

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    hell 48lbs are too small

an 11 lb boost wheel is fully capable of running on 42 lb injectors has been for years reguardless of what the vtech data logger or the cmd says!
    Like others stated go 127 for the following reasons. You can beat the shit out of it and the slip won't drop. Tuned ski that wheel can push 78-79 mph on stock revs with supporting mods
    Yeppers!

11. +1 by:

That's the plan rebuild the supercharger and add the et127 and 42lb Injectors. What speed have u guys gotten with that setup still on a stock intercooler? Intercooler will be down the road a Lil bit... Also debating on swapping from the aqua vein to riva grate. Heard there's another mph?

+1
    I've setup 3 watercraft now with just 127 stock IC and Riva bolt ons with a stock plate and they all went from 68 mph GPS to 71-73 mph will increased mid pull and feels like the engine is barely working they tell me . Add an ex IC and your still safe afr wise on 42s . Don't care what mr duty cycle says and the ski will push 75-76. More tuning. Add a wedge and plate 77-79 mph
    Then dial rpm and 15/20 +2mm on stock ecu with a lucky 13 cone and it's a damn near close 80 mph gas and go ski.
    Wish I went this route still and didn't get into big chargers

many have helped me to what knowledge I have today and this setup is in my opinion the best gas and go bang for your buck issue free. Many want a safe reliable setup that is affordable but with a few gains. This setup will deliver that without spending thousands on all the electronic items. 11 lb wheels have been around for years before all this came out so it has proven safe and reliable. I've run every ET charger but a race 145 on my 240hr bone stock bottom end motor and it still runs flawless and 83+ . When the time comes I'll deal with it but just sharing my experience with others... That's what this forum is all about

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information