Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Virage TXi Test RIDE PROBLEM

The TXi ran awesome until about 6000 RPM's then started to miss. Found 2 spark plugs loose in the cylinders. Tighten them up on the river and off i went still had some misses at 6000 RPM started back to the launch. Came into the NO WAKE ZONE and I was sinking. So throttled up the three block to the lunch and pulled into shore. Open the seat and water was just below the air intake. Ran the bilge pump, drained the water checked all the hoses, everything was connected. Let it sit awhile did not notice the water raising in the hull. Started the ski and gave it some throttle did not see any water coming in. Put it back on the trailer. I will have to check it another day. I am thinking that maybe the speedo tube is leaking under pressure because it was only showing about 32 miles per hour.

Anyone have some other suggestions about the leak and the miss at 6000 RPMs?

JJ
    Last edited by CliffsidePM; 05-24-2015 at 07:06 PM.

+1
    thru hull bearing

+1
    Some background from my other post may help...

Today will be the TXis first run purchased it last year not running. Replaced stator and flywheel, New SBT reman. impeller, wear ring, pump thur bearing, and the jet pump bearings. Aligned jet pump courtesy of MR Matrix. Just fix the resonator leak that was discovered yesterday during the test run on the trailer.

Now waiting for the heavy rain to stop. I do not have a problem with the rain but my co-riders are somewhat reluctant, however any lighting I am off the water for sure.

+1
    New thru hull from Watcon. Would you notice the thru hull while running it on the trailer and giving it 3000+ RPMs?

+1
    if the thru hull was leaking yes you would notice it maybe pull the cover that covers it and see if its spraying water from it

+1
    No cover on the thru hull. I do not think I could reinstall the cover on the watcon thru hull because it did not fit. I did not see any water coming in it.

JJ

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jajardas View Post
    No cover on the thru hull. I do not think I could reinstall the cover on the watcon thru hull because it did not fit. I did not see any water coming in it.
    JJ
    but your hand under the thru hull, it can be tricky to see... but on the other hand, it woudl have had to be a substantial leak to fill the hull if your bilge pump was working correctly...

+1
    Think I found the problem of the leak. Traced all the hoses back. The speedo tube was still attached and I found no holes. The clamps for the hose that goes thru the EMM were missing. Replaced those but I did not have a chance to take it for another test ride. I am thinking when I was running it on the trailer there was not enough pressure to cause a leak but when I was running 5500+ RPM cause the leak. I will post back when I have a chance to take it out again.
    JJ

+1
    Water spray in the hull being sucked into the intake can cause running issues up top too.....

+1
    Just took the Virage out for the first time. Started and ran on trailer, Gave it so throttle and I did not see any water coming in. So I launched it. Went through no wake zone and about 6 to 8 blocks running around 6000 RPM. Pulled the seat and I had water filling up again. Had to run back to the dock. I cannot figure where the water is coming from. I am going to fill the hull tomorrow and see if I get any leaks. Anything else I should look at?? No leaking on the trailer while I am giving it throttle.

JJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information