+1

No idle/bogging down

2001 virage Tx 1200... I just rebuilt the carbs and new fuel lines were put on last summer. The ski will crank but you have to feather the throttle to keep it running. I set the low speed screws back to spec (1 1/8 turn out) because they were 3 1/2 turns out with the filthy carbs. Am I missing something? I also messed with the idle screw a little, but it didn't make much of a difference.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Check whether the engine is actually running on all cylinders.

Start it without water cooling, let it run for 20 seconds, then shut it down. Are all cylinders about the same very warm temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by meganosky View Post
    2001 virage Tx 1200... I just rebuilt the carbs and new fuel lines were put on last summer. The ski will crank but you have to feather the throttle to keep it running. I set the low speed screws back to spec (1 1/8 turn out) because they were 3 1/2 turns out with the filthy carbs. Am I missing something? I also messed with the idle screw a little, but it didn't make much of a difference.
    Are your accelerator pumps working ?

Spark good on all three? Night time is easier to see if all three are sparking.

+1
    All cylinders were equal temp, accelerator pumps are working, and there is good spark. I backed the low speeds at a little more and it seemed to help it idle better, but it still makes a weird pumping noise and dies when pushing the throttle. Should I back the screws out more because it seems like lack of fuel is the issue. The noise is the same noise it made when we cranked it with the grey tempo lines and the carbs were clogged. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Also, is there an easier way to adjust those dang screws? I ended up having to take the carburetor OFF to get to the middle low speed screw due to the fuel pump being in the way.

+1

7. +1 by:

+1
    Did a little more adjusting, now the mag and pto are the same temp and the center is warmer. Mag plug is wet with gas, center plug is black and wet, pto plug is shiny and clean. I'm about ready to just take it somewhere.

Thread Information