+1

Protecting Your Kawasaki from "Launch Ramps"

I have come to the conclusion that the local "Launch Ramps" are certainly not suited for launching your 15,000 dollar machine independently - and thus far have had a riding buddy to accompany me - and we would swap-off holding each others ski while we proceed to park our vehicles - all in the spirit of trying to keep our Jet-Ski "Battle Scar" free - from the local launch ramps.

I have seen some guys just beach it on the concrete ramp to avoid the "battle scars" from the ramps.

What I especially like to do is to tie the front of my ski to the West Ramp, and take another rope and tie the rear to the East Ramp - which leaves my ski secure and certainly away from being beaten-up by the offending Launch Ramps - which are certainly suited for "higher profile" machines (Boats).

I find it more difficult to do such upon my return - yet my departure I have no issues - as I tend to launch early - like 9:00 AM 'ish.

So I guess my question really is - "Has anyone found a suitable method to secure your PWC to the side of a Boat Ramp without receiving battle-scars"?

I bought a pair of these here - and they are pretty much worthless:

http://www.kawasaki.com/Accessories/Item/W99993032

+1
    Launching solo has its challenges. I hate having to dock it.
    When I do have dock it, I use 2 of these Hull Huggers Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HullHugger.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	359966. One gets attached to the rear ski tow eye and clipped under the side gunwale side bumper. The other one gets attached to a loop around the steering column and the clipped under the gunwale. Everything is based on web strapping the adjustable web strapping keeps them tight. They do not move. I put these in place on the Ramp ( or just before ) launching. I launch and drive the boat ( with the Hull Huggers on) to a safe looking dock and tie up tight (1 rope in front and 1 rope in back). Then walk back to my truck to move it off the ramp. Back on the ski and on the water, everything gets disconnected and stored in the front hatch.

After a days worth of riding, the process is reversed. The HullHuggers are installed while floating on the water, near the launch area and then driven to the dock and tied up again.

These are what I have and they work well for me on my VX.
    http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-HH-P1.../dp/B000N9O6N0

3. +1 by:

We tossed a rock in the water with a rope and pool noodle attached to it. We fire up and anchor it to the pool noodle. Then jump in and swim back to the ramp/beach/woods. (small inland lake) If someone steals the pool noodle, no big deal. But it's still there. And other ski users are using it now as well. So it might stick around!

Screw beaching it on the concrete.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that the local "Launch Ramps" are certainly not suited for launching your 15,000 dollar machine independently - and thus far have had a riding buddy to accompany me - and we would swap-off holding each others ski while we proceed to park our vehicles - all in the spirit of trying to keep our Jet-Ski "Battle Scar" free - from the local launch ramps.

I have seen some guys just beach it on the concrete ramp to avoid the "battle scars" from the ramps.

What I especially like to do is to tie the front of my ski to the West Ramp, and take another rope and tie the rear to the East Ramp - which leaves my ski secure and certainly away from being beaten-up by the offending Launch Ramps - which are certainly suited for "higher profile" machines (Boats).

I find it more difficult to do such upon my return - yet my departure I have no issues - as I tend to launch early - like 9:00 AM 'ish.

So I guess my question really is - "Has anyone found a suitable method to secure your PWC to the side of a Boat Ramp without receiving battle-scars"?

I bought a pair of these here - and they are pretty much worthless:

http://www.kawasaki.com/Accessories/Item/W99993032
    So in Pittsburgh I would fair to say we have the worst boat ramp conditions in the east coast

Here is how I used to launch when I had my ski on a double LT triton with my riding partner and it worked GREAT...never touched a dock yet:

-Tied the front bow to the rear of the other ski
    -With a rider on the ski with the line tied to the back I would launch the trailer in the water...nudge it in by spiking the brake slightly

-At this point my partner would start his ski and drive away towing mine behind his
    - I would park the truck, then just swim out to my ski and remove the line.

Reverse order when coming back in...

6. +1 by:

Thread Information