+1

2000 Seadoo GTX RFI won't crank, just clicks

A few months ago ,the battery died on my Seadoo, so I put it back on the trailer, locked it up and left town after pulling the battery, so I get back today and put in a brand new battery and expect it to start up, well, put the key on the post and get the normal beeps and then hit the start button but nothing but some clicks starter doesn't make a sound, so I get online and see some advise to start cheap and replace the solenoid, so I run over to the dealer and buy a new solenoid and get the battery load tested just to make sure I have a good battery. Get home, put in the solenoid reattach the battery and again try to start it but the same thing just clicks.

So I'm guessing my starter is the problem? Unfortunately my dealer can get it in the shop until next week, what do you think it will cost to have them replace the starter? The price I was seeing for a new factory starter is $225, how many hours of labor will it take?, they get $90 and hour.

thanks for your help, if there is anything else you feel I should try please tell .

+1
    Remove the rear plastic flywheel cover and try to turn the PTO flywheel by hand...If the starter or motor is locked up the flywheel will not turn....

+1
    Pulled the plugs, and was able to turn the flywheel by hand, so I guess the starter is the problem?

+1

Dead starterr

Quote Originally Posted by normr View Post
    Pulled the plugs, and was able to turn the flywheel by hand, so I guess the starter is the problem?
    The repair shop just called and confirmed its a dead starter, so the quote since the starter is buried under a lot of stuff which needs to be removed so they can get at it is going to be $425 with a new starter.

Thread Information