Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

GP1300R Hydro Lock, follow up

Well the things I worried most about, that could happen from my ski being hydro locked. Came true. I found out that the key way sheared off, and the crank is twisted. Tim Judge, has the crank now is trying to make repairs. My engine is out of the ski and having to be rebuilt again. Very upsetting. The Dealer had the ski ... and refused to consider these were the reasons why it was running so shitty. They gave the ski back to me after 12 days & 14 hours of work ... stating can't fix it & do not know whats wrong. With Tim Judge, on the case ... I am sure I will get it all back together sometime soon.

Are you running a stock head gasket or an o-ring aftermarket. Is that were the leak occurred?

Oh ya, and sorry to hear that the motor went south. Unreal that the Dealer had it for so long and were useless. Hear that story all too often.

+1
    Sorry to hear this Sir. I don't know TJ personally, but from what I've heard, your in some of the best hands to ever touch a ski. When he's done, your problems should then be over. I bet you feel like flying over that dealer and acquiring tone. (empty at night of course) I know it's hard to stomach now, but it will be worth it. I once forgot to tighten a cooling line from the pump and filled my freshly rebuilt ski with water. I squeaked cyl #3 and feared all my hard work would be lost. Yes I had to fix the engine a second time, but was rewarded with a ski that had the power to keep tweaking into the upper 70's when finally done. With the engine you'll have, you should do even better. Hang in there!

I like pipes. I love boost Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Is the dealer that screwed it up to begin with going to compensate you in any way for the crank repair?

+1
    It was a cylinder base casket installed backwards by the dealer. They may not know it yet ... but Yes, they will be asked to cover all my cost for repairs as a result of their error. That is my plan.

Banned User
    +1
    Dealer blew up my motor also.

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    It was a cylinder base casket installed backwards by the dealer. They may not know it yet ... but Yes, they will be asked to cover all my cost for repairs as a result of their error. That is my plan.
    Sounds like a plan! Documenting from a brick and mortar 3rd party source will be very important to prove your case. I hope it works out, good luck!

+1
    Steve you going to come down for the river fest? You can race my gpr.

+1
    John, yes I intend to be there Friday afternoon. As you are aware I have no ski to race. I would like you to bring your ski over Friday ... and let me see & ride it for a feel. I would be happy to race it ... but also happy to assist you in racing it. Either way you should enter it. If you race I will hold & pit for you. John, give me your phone number so that we may discuss the idea. Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information