Spark check engine alert

Just took the spark out of winterization last week, ran fine for 20 minutes or so. Dropped it in today and 5 minutes in I had a check engine alarm. Didn't put me into limp home mode, so it's saying a minor fault. Can anyone help out with what to check? Really don't want to lose the whole weekend of riding. Also anyone on the jersey shore with a code reader, would be great to help diagnose. Thanks everyone

Assuming your battery is in top shape, and fully charged (low voltage can set your check engine light off) -- what exactly did the message in your gauge say?

After checking fluids, exhaust, etc I found the mistake in the place I should have checked first, battery terminal was loose, must not have given it a full tighten when we reinstalled from winterization. Feel dumb, but happy it won't keep me from riding this weekend

Excellent. At least you figured it out and didn't overcomplicate it! No need to feel dumb, look at how many people might learn from this too! Thanks for updating us too.

Quote Originally Posted by K10 View Post
    Excellent. At least you figured it out and didn't overcomplicate it! No need to feel dumb, look at how many people might learn from this too! Thanks for updating us too.
    is there any way to read out the error code to see what the computer thinks is the problem?

+1
    Either candoo pro, or if you have vtech maptuner, both can read the error codes and reset them.

Thread Information