Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another Vtech tune question 2014 RXPX

I have been reading all the threads on here about the vtech tunes and I am about to flash my 14 rxpx today and have a few questions.

Currently the only mods I have is a tdr water box with a riva free flow exhaust kit and a riva intake grate. I am looking for a safe tune that I don't have to worry about running out of injector and blowing a head gasket. I am not looking to upgrade the fuel system or changing the impeller at this time.

What tune would you guys recommend that is safe and reliable?

+1
    Vtech 8250, cheap kanaflex 4" air intake. Then pitch your stock prop to keep the revs down. That'll wake it up.

+1
    also remove the spark arrestor
    does no good to free up the exhaust if you dont free up the intake
    pump fuel safe timing is in the low 30's
    stock injectors are small even at 8300 they could be at 100%ds

So it looks like I have two choices

48 8250 35 34 101
    48 8350 35 34 101

Is the 8250 the safer tune to run?

Also it says I only have one code. Does this mean I am only able to get one tune? I thought I had access to all of the tunes for my machine buy purchasing the one license.

I was in a similar boat (bone stock + tune.) Started with the 8350 and the machine revved a little high for my preference on a cooler day. Pulled back to the 8250 and it runs good. Vtech assured me these motors are good on stock hardware at 8350 but I purchased an impeller to bring revs down a bit more, just haven't gotten around to getting it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by teefive View Post
    I was in a similar boat (bone stock + tune.) Started with the 8350 and the machine revved a little high for my preference on a cooler day. Pulled back to the 8250 and it runs good. Vtech assured me these motors are good on stock hardware at 8350 but I purchased an impeller to bring revs down a bit more, just haven't gotten around to getting it installed.
    I was reading your thread that is why I wanted to double check. How about the tunes. Do you only get one?

Quote Originally Posted by underpressure02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teefive View Post
    I was reading your thread that is why I wanted to double check. How about the tunes. Do you only get one?
    Nope, unlimited downloads and I think you can have up to 4 on the handheld. I have 3 on mine now (stock, 8250, and 8350.)

Also, I got a little paranoid because I saw revs at 8500 for a split when I was testing the 8350. This is the response I got from Vtech:

Don't worry .
    Many people run 8500 rpms w stock internals.
    It's when it peaks 8900 you should be worried

It is normal to see occasional peaks of about 400 RPM over the advertised rev limit.

Personally, I would prop to about 8100 with stock injectors. I personally prop for 8400 on a cool day but I run VT1100 injectors.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    It is normal to see occasional peaks of about 400 RPM over the advertised rev limit.

Personally, I would prop to about 8100 with stock injectors. I personally prop for 8400 on a cool day but I run VT1100 injectors.

Andy
    Do you think it is safe to run the 8350 tune then? This winter I may upgrade the fuel system and impeller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information