+1

Stock Classified by the IJSBA rulebook

Is there any air-mods (as the R&D flatfilter) legal in stock class by the IJSBA rules or any aftermarket pumpcones?
    When I read in rulebook I think its a little unclear about that...
    ECU reflash is legal but SCOM?

Anyone as can tell whats legal to do in stockclass?
    Last edited by Kamaki; 05-22-2015 at 10:02 AM.

+1
    You can have SCOM, plate, grate, ECU flash, impeller, sponsons, steering, intake/air mods, and visual mods. aftermarket pump cones are not legal.

3. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DH300 View Post
    You can have SCOM, plate, grate, ECU flash, impeller, sponsons, steering, intake/air mods, and visual mods. aftermarket pump cones are not legal.
    the rules are ones that are always up for fun debate. rule says something along the lines of you cant make any factory air holes larger.... you can read that as the "inspection" plate is not an air vent from the factory so a flat filter would be "illegal" in stock class. on the other hand it is a factory hole in the ski that you did not modify in any way shape or form to make larger all you did was remove the inspection cover same goes for simply removing the whole air duct assembly.... ive heard thats illegal, ive heard that its not

really depends on the tech guy and who can present a better argument. the rule book, as far as i can tell, in ANY organization is a joke. even the all-mighty aqua-x is laughable right now.

everything else DH said was spot on! IMO of course hahaha

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    the rules are ones that are always up for fun debate. rule says something along the lines of you cant make any factory air holes larger.... you can read that as the "inspection" plate is not an air vent from the factory so a flat filter would be "illegal" in stock class. on the other hand it is a factory hole in the ski that you did not modify in any way shape or form to make larger all you did was remove the inspection cover same goes for simply removing the whole air duct assembly.... ive heard thats illegal, ive heard that its not

really depends on the tech guy and who can present a better argument. the rule book, as far as i can tell, in ANY organization is a joke. even the all-mighty aqua-x is laughable right now.

Yeah, I wasn't real sure about the intake. that's one of the hundreds of grey areas in the rulebook. I'll trust you on it, though, you know this stuff better than I do.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post

Another thing to remember is that sadly the tech guy is not always the one with the final say. Mike, Gl, and I know that one for a fact.

Sean

Banned User
    +1
    Shoot almost forgot...... hired tech guy says "nope illegal" race director says..... congrats on the championship hahahaha

9. +1 by:

Thread Information