Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devastated

Devastated

I am posting this in hopes that maybe I can save someone from making the same mistake that I have made. Approximately 1 yr ago I traded my buddy his Kawasaki ultra 250X for a new kitchen for him. My mistake was that I never added the 250x to my insurance. It was one of those things where I just never got around to it because "those things wouldn't happen to me." Well..:.. It did. I have one enemy in my whole entire life and I have yet to meet him. Approximately 2 weeks ago someone decide it would be a good idea to set my skis on fire. They almost caught the elderly lady's house next to me on fire as well. Thankfully my wife was home and heard everything in enough time to call the police and fire to put it out before her house caught. I have lost approximately $13,000 in skis and only had one of my skis insured. I will not recover enough to even replace one of the skis. I have learned a valuable lesson and I hope that my story will help someone else like me, who just hadn't gotten around to insuring that second ski, insure it.

shit thats terrible, feel for you
    Hope the cops catch him

3. +1 by:

+1
    Sons of bitches! I'm sorry man.

Jealous people?
    Kids being kids?
    Upset neighbor tired of hearing ski's warming up in the drive on Sat morn? The guy I'm "borrowing" ski's from does that. I talked him into testing them at the gas station when we fill up before heading out instead of in his drive at the crack of dawn. (only 0.5m away if something fails)

That stinks. You'd think if someone was out for you, they'd target something NOT usually insured. So lucky it's not that.

Homeowners Insurance could cover your lose???

+1
    That blows.. Hopefully the cops can catch him other wise let karma bite him in the ass.

people warm skis up at there house?
    I dont even try and start mine till its off the trailer at the ramp

+1
    I ALWAYS start boats/skiis before I head to the water. I do enjoy watching people at the public ramp who back in, slide off the trailer only to find out won't crank, then they try to work on it while blocking up the ramp and a line of mad people watching waiting to launch... almost makes me want to take a lawn chair to the ramp this memorial weekend. Sorry about your skis, karma will catch the perps eventually

10. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by xxx2 View Post
    I ALWAYS start boats/skiis before I head to the water. I do enjoy watching people at the public ramp who back in, slide off the trailer only to find out won't crank, then they try to work on it while blocking up the ramp and a line of mad people watching waiting to launch... almost makes me want to take a lawn chair to the ramp this memorial weekend. Sorry about your skis, karma will catch the perps eventually
    Bingo. It's 30-90min to the inland lakes. 1hour north to the Greatlakes. It's a pain to get there and, dead battery. I want to know it works before I'm away.

I also wonder if homeowners will cover this?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by STX11 View Post
    people warm skis up at there house?

I dont even try and start mine till its off the trailer at the ramp
    It would never occur to me to NOT check the skis (lift the seats, eyeball inspection and gasoline sniff check) and also test start the engines prior to heading to the water

And start them again in the launch area parking lot, prior to backing down the launch ramps. Once in the water I want to know they will start instantly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information