Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2005 FX140...Wont start after rebuild, Key FOB? Update!

Hello everyone , Really need some help. I own a 2005 FX140 which I thought I got a great deal on(turns out not). Long story short engine was seized up, I replaced all journal bearing, piston rings,crankcase bolts, pistons and gaskets. Did this following the Shop manual very carefully. First time working on a 4stroke. Just filled her up with oil and new gas. She is turning over fine but is not getting fuel or spark. Not hearing a fuel pump either. The ski did not come with the key fob..May this be the problem? Or will it just not crank over at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in deep with this one.Nothing comes on in the dash when I insert the lanyard at the killswitch. Is it supposed to make some sort of noise or light up?

Thank you!

Last edited by mgonzo700; 05-24-2015 at 10:40 AM.

+1
    Hello there buddy,

Nothing will light up when you insert the lanyard and no, it will not crank over if the security is engaged.

Are you pressing the green start button to turn it over? If so and you don't have any spark or fuel injector activity I would first check the fuses which I'm sure you've already have and check an engine wiring hardness connection just below the air box between the exhaust manifold tube and air box around the oil filter area.

Also disconnect your bilge pump just in case it's blown sometimes it affects the fuel pump and injectors on some models.

Also make sure your low voltage coil wiring is connected. You can follow the cables and make sure they have a good solid connection.

Good luck, Julio...

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    check fuses, also if you had the motor out make sure the 2 grounds are hooked up on the side of the oil tank. They go under that 3 bolt cover.

Thanks for the response...Yes I have checked the fuses. I will read this again tomorrow and and go at it again. Something must not be connected(This things got alot of harnesses and connectors). Dont remember the 2 grounds on the side of the oil tank either, but then again it has been about 6 months since I pulled the engine. Will keep you updated. Thanks again!

Been at it for the past couple of hours, this is the only thing I have found that was not connected. I for the life of me cant figure out where it goes. Though Doesn't seem like this small 2 wire harness would have anything to do with my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    check fuses, also if you had the motor out make sure the 2 grounds are hooked up on the side of the oil tank. They go under that 3 bolt cover.
    3 Bolt cover? I dont see any grounds to the oil tank.

Quote Originally Posted by mgonzo700 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    3 Bolt cover? I dont see any grounds to the oil tank.
    Nevermind...Yea both grounds are connected.

+1
    Don't forget to check the connectors in the back of the motor underneath the air box near the oil tank.

I got burned! Anyone know where I can get a used ECU.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    oops

seems like you'll need one of these for the seller:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whoop.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	360085

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information