+1

South / Central Texas Memorial Day Weekend Riding?

Anyone plan to head anywhere this weekend?

James

+1
    Yeah, think I'm going out to Canyon on Sunday morning. Its supposed to be another rainy weekend but that's never stopped me, the truth is I kinda like the dreary weather. We've had so much rain lately the lake levels are supposed to be way up, should be good riding. Gonna try and put in at Comal Park probably around 1030, I think Enforcer is going to; maybe we'll see ya out there. If so you are welcome to ride around with us.
    Last edited by Mursegeorge; 05-23-2015 at 04:48 PM.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0134.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	360117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0145.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	360118Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0147.jpg 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	360119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0151.jpg 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	360120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0154.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	360121

Canyon was HIGH today!!! Most all the parks were closed but the county ramps were open. It was cool to tour the lake and see the water level so very high. You can see the water change color in one of these pictures. You couldn't venture near the river at all because of all the debris floating in the water. As you can see the parks were totally flooded, those red pavilions you see sticking out of the water are supposed to be picnic sites. The ramps were total usable though and towards the later afternoon they started getting very busy. The lake was flooded but it was a holiday weekend after all so people want to play!!!

+1
    Thanks for the pictures. I drove out there just to take a look around but didn't bring the skis. I went Monday and there was a ton of debris in the water. I found a nice kneeboard just floating in the middle of the lake. I wasn't willing to risk the skis today haha. We usually go hang out at Jacobs Creek park, where those red pavilions are. They wouldnt let us in so its cool to get to see how high the water was. If you have more pics of that area please post them. We were told to evacuate the Marina near Canyon park, it was cut off from land and they said Canyon Park Rd would be under water in an hour or so.

I'm happy the lake went up but damn, I hope this doesn't make it too difficult to jet ski.

+1
    Wow, with all the rain I kinda wrote this weekend off. Those are awesome pictures. The boat ramp 1 near the dam is where I usually launch from. I did get my oil changed Friday though, so I am ready to go hard for the rest of the summer. Looking forward to going out with you guys.

+1
    Water was looking good this weekend and even going up the river was okay for a few miles before we seen debri. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	361420Click image for larger version. 

Views:	52 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	361421Click image for larger version. 

Views:	48 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	361423
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	47 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	361422  

+1
    Mark, are these pics from Canyon? I almost went up there for another try today but my dad said the boat ramp was packed. People were parking along the street nearby.

+1

This was amazing to see up close.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cxk View Post
    Mark, are these pics from Canyon? I almost went up there for another try today but my dad said the boat ramp was packed. People were parking along the street nearby.
    Yes At Canyon Lake! we were at Ramp #6 at 830Am Sunday the only ramp open from what I was reading online. At 12 Noon or shortly after we left and it was crazy!! the line to launch was 1 to 2 miles with more boaters on the way!! And the parking lot was full....... the parking all along the street was full. so I can`t imagine how long people waited and where would they park once in the water.

but for us the water real good not very crowded and was a good ride!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2007kawasaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cxk View Post
    Yes At Canyon Lake! we were at Ramp #6 at 830Am Sunday the only ramp open from what I was reading online. At 12 Noon or shortly after we left and it was crazy!! the line to launch was 1 to 2 miles with more boaters on the way!! And the parking lot was full....... the parking all along the street was full. so I can`t imagine how long people waited and where would they park once in the water.

but for us the water real good not very crowded and was a good ride!
    Thats crazy. I'm planning to go tomorrow after work to test out our skis after sucking a bunch of crap up last time we went. I hope we can get in there.

Thread Information