Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Install help with R&D Surge Protector Kit

Hey Guys,

I need some help from anyone that has installed the R&D Surge Protector kit. I am putting it on a 2015 FX SVHO, but it looks like it will fit most SHO/SVHO ski's. The "simple" instructions (sarcasm) start off with the multi-port adapter install instructions. In those instructions it explains where the vac line for the BOV comes from, but I am only installing the Surge kit. The install kit came with a length of vac line and a brass fitting, but the instructions do not explain where to source the vac line. Any Help would be great!!!!
    Last edited by Sam SHO; 05-21-2015 at 09:34 AM.

+1
    Drill and tap the intake manifold. You hav to remove it though to do it right.

The multi port goes in-between the vac sensor toward the back of the intake manifold. Use this so you dont have to take the intake manifold off to drill and tap. Once the multipart is installed the vac line from the multiport attaches to the blow off valve.

Look northeast of the number 4 coil. You see a brass fitting thats my boost sensor. You won't have that but its bolted to the multiport. That where it goes. I have my BOV and boost sensor bolted to the multiport works just fine. you will add one barb to yours for the line and cap off the other side til you need it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0482.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	359803  

So you recommend adding the multi-port adapter with the surge kit? I don't plan on adding the additional gauges, I am just adding the BOV for reliability of the SC. Thanks for the info, R&D's instructions make it sound like it was a bolt on part. lol

+1
    I thought the R&d multi port adapter was for 2010 and older skis?

6. +1 by:

They billet one on their web site is for older ski's. They also have a different one for newer ski's

8. +1 by:

on the SHO its bolt on. Makes it easier than drilling and tapping the manifold. I dont know if the SVHO's are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    on the SHO its bolt on. Makes it easier than drilling and tapping the manifold. I dont know if the SVHO's are the same.
    Except for the vacuum line. I thought it was going to just be bolt on, but there is no vac line for the BOV

+1
    Take off your intake manifold and tap and screw on a barn fitting. Take out your flame arrestor and put in a sleeve. You should also put in a 2013+ FX-HO throttle body aluminum adapter plate while you're at it.

Good luck, Julio...

+1
    On both ends of the intake there lives a clamp. Remove the aft clamp and screw, drill and tap for your fitting. I resecured my harness with a double zip tie around the new fitting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	359844

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information