Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mtx-l issues

+1

Mtx-l issues

Hey, I have problem with my mtx-l. When I put the key in and it goes through heat up, it is fine, then reads the sweep like normal. Once I start it up, it might read the correct a/f for a few seconds, then pegs at 22.- and stays there. Two of the times it flashed e9 which is low voltage or not enough amperage draw from source. I have removed the power and ground and went directly to the battery, still nothing. When I shut the ski off, it will read back to the 10.-- where my idle is and climb as normal up to 22.-- while the exhaust dissipates. I am stumped. Is this an indication of a failing O2 sensor? I thought they typically fail "open" if you will and just don't read anything.

any help would be appreciated. Trying to get this thing going for the weekend. Thanks a lot for reading,

jeff

Banned User
    +1
    Bad o2 sensor my guess. they ususally start to act funny like that before they go out.

Do the lighter check to see if it will read 50....

+1
    IF it gets wet at all (leaky IC, Head gasket, exhaust manifold, water injestion) they will fail. If run below 10.0 too long it can fail as well. Try a new one , & run on the hose after a free air calibration, and see if it reads correctly

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I was told not to warm up sensor without starting motor....reason is when it's hot then you start ski it shocks the sensor with moisture from exhaust pipe. I start my ski let it heat up with ski running then when it displays the a/f I turn water on.....I have over 50 hr of use on a sensor....hope this helps ya keep a sensor longer

+1
    Bosch 17014 at advance auto $50. Mine did the same O2 sensor was bad. They also are free replacement when they go bad. Don't forget to calibrate it..

6. +1 by:

+1
    same exact thing happened to me last season and i couldnt figure it out. i was told it could of been water leak from the tapped exhaust manifold. replaced the manifold and got a new sensor and 0 problems so

+1
    Thanks for all the replies. I have a new sensor so I will try replacing it tomorrow. I did blow my head gasket last year, so it might have been damaged from that. I will see tomorrow and check back. Thanks for all the replies again

+1
    Tilt your ski backwards, put it on the hose and see if water is weeping or pissing out of the threads. If it's leaking you can repair it with JB industrial. It will hold the heat.

+1
    I have a steel insert in the manifold, so I doubt it is leaking. If it was leaking a little bit though, it should still read normal though, right? It may be a bit off, but I doubt that would cause this, or are you saying it will cause the sensor to prematurly fail?

Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Tilt your ski backwards, put it on the hose and see if water is weeping or pissing out of the threads. If it's leaking you can repair it with JB industrial. It will hold the heat.

+1
    If you don't blow your waterbox out after riding, Or flushing, The moisture / steam from the water left in the box will kill the sensors as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information