Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    +1
    Same here 👍

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Rocking astroturf on mine but not that luxurious stuff, I need it now.

Sean

+1
    Hi all, time to replace my carpet and after reading up on a few forums, I think im gonna try Ulrimate Bunk Boards. I’ve seen a lot of scuff marks on my black hull of my 2012 gti Seadoo from loading and unloading. I’ll keep you guys posted on the results when I get it done.

+1
    I've been using Bunk Guide-ons by Tie Down Engineering for several years. Then are relatively soft so they don't generally damage the gelcoat. However, on my new trailer, I installed long bunk rails and had the supports too far apart. I thought that this would give better support for the hull, but the curvature of the hull caused cracking of the boards. Also, the gelcoat showed signs of wear in the curved portion. I ended up moving the supports closer together.

Years ago I bought some Bunk Mates that were sold by Kawasaki. These things are hard plastic and they SUCK!!! I had gelcoat damage after 100 miles of towing. These things are basically a series of grooved plastic sticks about a foot long that you bolt on top the bunk rails. They are sold by Overton's and other places. AVOID THEM!

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    I've been using Bunk Guide-ons by Tie Down Engineering for several years. Then are relatively soft so they don't generally damage the gelcoat. However, on my new trailer, I installed long bunk rails and had the supports too far apart. I thought that this would give better support for the hull, but the curvature of the hull caused cracking of the boards. Also, the gelcoat showed signs of wear in the curved portion. I ended up moving the supports closer together.

Years ago I bought some Bunk Mates that were sold by Kawasaki. These things are hard plastic and they SUCK!!! I had gelcoat damage after 100 miles of towing. These things are basically a series of grooved plastic sticks about a foot long that you bolt on top the bunk rails. They are sold by Overton's and other places. AVOID THEM!
    My trailer had those before switching them out and they were exactly like you described them Steve. Total crap.

Sean

+1
    you guys need to check out " Gator Backs " they will hold the ski enough to not let it slide off onto the ramp, yet are slick enough for easy loading/ launching. they even have some pimp/bling clear ones with led's.
    http://gatorbak.com/

+1
    Those look pretty cool!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Those look pretty cool!
    My uncle just re-equipped his trailer with Gatorbacks after Mud Bug…..they act just like Bunkaps , which are no longer available. the hard plastic slick boards are just an accident waiting to drop your ski on the concrete. At this years Mud Bug Summer Texas Edition, the steep ramp at Dorirons and slick bunk boards made loading a two man job, not to mention the slick as owl shit green slime on the ramp that had to be walked on to crank the trailer winch so the ski did not drop on the ramp when pulling out. No more, with gatorbacks you can drive the ski onto the trailer and stay seated while the tow vehicle pull's you out of the water, then snap on the winch strap and crank the ski tight.

9. +1 by:

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    you guys need to check out " Gator Backs " they will hold the ski enough to not let it slide off onto the ramp, yet are slick enough for easy loading/ launching. they even have some pimp/bling clear ones with led's.
    http://gatorbak.com/

I have been debating getting these for a for a while now. I may do it come spring

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information