Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by keylargoVXR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Bunk slides are nifty however, you can launch your ski rather fast ... meaning it can slide right off @ most inoperable times. If you do ride up on to trailer with slides, once you stop & are on the trailer ... just can just start to slide right back off LOL. Ask me how I Know. Carpet is cheap and easy to replace maybe once every few years. Good Luck
    I don't mind the carpet to much but when it's low tide it gets a little hard to push off and lift on
    I use liquid spray wax. You can buy it everywhere. I spray my bunks and my carts. I can push or pull any large PWC with ease.

+1
    I got tired of replacing carpet & rotten wood on my pwc trailer and bass boat trailer. I converted over to "Ultimate Bunk Boards" and love them. Get them wet and they are slicker than snot and makes loading and un-loading a breeze. They cost more up front but I'll never have to replace them. They do NOT scratch the hull.

http://www.ultimatebunkboards.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0809.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	359911

+1
    I have basically a brand new ski with brand new trailer/bunks and I already see scratching on my hull from the bunks. Thanks for this post, I'm going to try this silicone spray. If that doesn't stop the scratching then only thing I can think of is a less coarse carpet to put on the bunks. P.S. I never drive my ski on, always put it on by hand. My hull is black tho and scratches do tend to be more visible on black....

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I just dont like the idea of slippery bunks. I want my ski to stay on the trailer. All of these slippery bunk ideas seem like a solution in search of a problem.

5. +1 by:

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgjoman View Post
    I have basically a brand new ski with brand new trailer/bunks and I already see scratching on my hull from the bunks. Thanks for this post, I'm going to try this silicone spray. If that doesn't stop the scratching then only thing I can think of is a less coarse carpet to put on the bunks. P.S. I never drive my ski on, always put it on by hand. My hull is black tho and scratches do tend to be more visible on black....

All it takes is a little sand on the bunks and they become like sandpaper. Different carpet may make no difference. If you have a Yamaha or any other ski with a painted hull it will scratch easier than gel coat will.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    I just dont like the idea of slippery bunks. I want my ski to stay on the trailer. All of these slippery bunk ideas seem like a solution in search of a problem.
    True enough. I think what I will do is just use the silicon on half of the bunk, just the front part. That way when the front of the ski makes initial contact with it (which is where the scratches are) it may prevent them somewhat. The back part of the ski never slides up or down the bunk, rather just comes to rest on the bunk when I pull the ski out of the water. This way there will still be some friction over 1/2 the bunk.

+1

If you have a Yamaha or any other ski with a painted hull it will scratch easier than gel coat will.
    Ya that's what I was thinking. These ski's look awesome brand new but they are a pain in the ass to keep cleaned and in mint condition. They scratch so very easily mine will never be allowed near a dock again lol. One little 1hr trip with the cover left on it was a quik learning experience from the blemishes that the cover left on the paint. The water spots on the black paint is also very annoying.......but boy does it look good when she's all shined up.

+1
    To each his own. The ultimate bunk boards are obviously only slippery when wet. I have had them on my 2006 Triton bass boat and 2005 pwc trailer for over 6 years with out any issues at all. My boats all stay on the trailer just fine!

+1

I hope you don't rely on your bunks to keep the ski on the trailer. Most of us use the winch and straps for that....

+1
    Question?
    Why is it that you guys in America tend to have bunks on all of your trailers?
    In AUS majority of trailers here are roller trailers. No scratching, easy to maintain, easy to launch and retrieve. And from pics I've also noticed our trailers seem to be a lot heavier duty with larger wheels and frame sections.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information