+1

Post 2011 RXT IS burning leaking oil

first off thanks to all who post on the forum the help and experience given to others has helped me time and time again. my RXT has 31 hours and is garage kept i am the second owner - my problem is during my last outing my oil warning started flashing when i would take off so i loaded it up and took it home (time to go anyway). well once home i decided to change oil so started it up to warm the oil and noticed it seemed to be smoking more than usual so i stopped it and proceeded to remove oil and spark plugs this is when i noticed the plug in the rear cylinder was black and oily looking while the other two looked fine (light grey in color). so i jumped on the forum here and started searching and thanks to some insight from Jerry on SCers and rebuild frequency i thought i was on the right path and had a leaking SCEr oil seal. well i pulled the tube from the SCer to the throttle body and found no oil to speak of - strike 1, next i pulled injectors and looked to see if oil was pooling around intake valves thinking leaking valve guides, all three looked the same with no obvious oil leaking - strike 2, next i proceeded to check compression on each cylinder thinking bad rings well all three are running about 125 - 130 psi with max reading being reached by third cycle, checked 3 times each cylinder with throttle wide open - strike 3 i am out of ideas and so hopefully some of the gurus here can point me in the right direction as to whats going on or could this have been a fluke and i am going to fast and should run it and evaluate some more?

+1
    All engines burn some oil, it just depends on how much....

Just for fun, here is some information... Chrysler/Dodge say it is NORMAL to burn 1 QUART OF OIL in 1000 miles......Thats insane!!!!!

+1
    Probably true but with the one plug being very different than the other two I don't think it is normal and I am kinda leaning towards leaking valve guides on intake valves.

Thread Information