Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    JohnnyG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    143
    +1
    6

    stranded in myrtle with a broken ibr linkage arm. 12 rxtx

    Somehow managed to break the linkage arm on my rear bucket. On vacation until friday and i didnt even get the ski out for a ride. I ordered the parts from redline but it may not come in on time. Anyone local have the Linkage arm? I need if for may 19/20. My ski is 2012 rxtx.

    The part # is 268000042


  2. #2
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,399
    +1
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG. View Post
    Somehow managed to break the linkage arm on my rear bucket. On vacation until friday and i didnt even get the ski out for a ride. I ordered the parts from redline but it may not come in on time. Anyone local have the Linkage arm? I need if for may 19/20. My ski is 2012 rxtx.

    The part # is 268000042
    I'm not sure how you broke the linkage, but the part was superseded by 268000145

    Have you tried Riva and considered overnight shipping?

  3. #3
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    Posts
    7,549
    +1
    1,806
    I got riva's last one last week

    I was wondering how the heck that arm snapped in half. When I was putting it back together yesterday I noticed that if a small rock happened to get into the gate area where there is some sort of guide for the rod, it could break the rod when the gate moved. Was it the one on the port side?

    I don't see why you couldn't JB weld that bit together for a day. With some basic stuff, you could likely reinforce it enough to last

    if you call riva and ask nice, they can tell you what other seadoo dealers might have one on the shelf.

    the riva guys have always been helpful

    you could also pull the IBR gate off and ride without reverse. As long as the IBR motor is connected, it should jump into limp mode

  4. #4
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,055
    +1
    680
    Guys everyone should carry a few different sized zip ties with them. They saved my ass two weekends ago when my steering nozzle bolts walked out

  5. +1 by:


  6. #5
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,715
    +1
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Guys everyone should carry a few different sized zip ties with them. They saved my ass two weekends ago when my steering nozzle bolts walked out

    actually REAL GOOD advice..........FACT!!!!!!!!

  7. #6
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grand Haven, MI
    Posts
    3,594
    +1
    128
    I carry zip ties, hose clamps, 2 feet of 3/4 inch hose, spare 'connectors' in case I split a 3/4 line or my strainer breaks, hose pincher (for towing). Never hurts to be prepared ...

  8. #7
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,965
    +1
    2,768
    Ever think about using the greenhulk store?

    there are 4 of them in stock. Go to this page of the forums online store and enter your part number 268000145
    and you can complete the purchase and opt for next day air

    https://www.onlinemicrofiche.com/4te...rt.asp?Type=13

    Thanks for your business and support of this forum!

    jerry

  9. #8
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,558
    +1
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Ever think about using the greenhulk store?

    there are 4 of them in stock. Go to this page of the forums online store and enter your part number 268000145
    and you can complete the purchase and opt for next day air

    https://www.onlinemicrofiche.com/4te...rt.asp?Type=13

    Thanks for your business and support of this forum!

    jerry
    Nice Jerry! Have you always had the option for next day or is that new?

  10. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,965
    +1
    2,768
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Ever think about using the greenhulk store?

    there are 4 of them in stock. Go to this page of the forums online store and enter your part number 268000145
    and you can complete the purchase and opt for next day air

    https://www.onlinemicrofiche.com/4te...rt.asp?Type=13

    Thanks for your business and support of this forum!

    jerry
    Nice Jerry! Have you always had the option for next day or is that new?
    its always been an option in the OEM store

  11. +1 by:


  12. #10
    JohnnyG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    143
    +1
    6
    I have it coming into the local dealer redline tomorrow morning. I paid $64 for overnight shipping on $32 worth of parts.
    I'm only here from ny for a few days so I did it. I actually got jb weld last night and put the piece back in this morning. It didn't last one pump of the throttle. Zip ties and jb weld are always by my side. Things break at the worst times. Hopefully I get a full day tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to get in contact with Carl-Island Racing
    By Full_Throttle in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 01:14 AM
  2. Something broke leaving me stranded in 36temps !
    By Ultra250xryder in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 07:55 PM
  3. Help in Nc with s/c pull and replace
    By wildman1998 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 09:17 PM
  4. GM in talks with Chysler??
    By ph2ocraft in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •