Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grand Haven, MI
    Posts
    3,594
    +1
    128

    Riva open loop routing question

    I am trying Riva open loop setup this year (with t-stat). The exit from the top of the head (t-stat outlet) they state to drill a hole in the hull and use the supplied thru-hull fitting near the bond line.

    I already have a nice 3/4 outlet near the top of my pump shoe ... the nipple is there and I drilled it out and have used it for other things, but not right now. Question is, can I use that as an exit? That will be underwater at an idle, but not at speed ... not sure if that would be an issue with letting water out of the open loop in that location.

    I can drill and mount the thru-hull, but would rather use this exit if it would cause no issues.


  2. #2
    Branden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Cape Coral, Fl
    Posts
    1,600
    +1
    321
    yes you can, that is how i have mine routed.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grand Haven, MI
    Posts
    3,594
    +1
    128
    Great, thanks Branden!

  5. #4
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,055
    +1
    680
    I run a T after my groco and a T after that. Exhaust, IC and engine all get their own fresh water. IC and head meet back and dump out of a 3/4 hole in my OPAS block-off. This is the best way I have found of doing it. My IC bleeds behind the seat and the ET cooler dumps through the OPAS T on the top of the pump tunnel. A lot of water is used.

  6. #5
    Eastside Powersports Slow 91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    4,315
    +1
    563
    on both my skis, I have also ran the outlet in the OPAS block off plate near the pump. 4 years and no issues.

  7. #6
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grand Haven, MI
    Posts
    3,594
    +1
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    I run a T after my groco and a T after that. Exhaust, IC and engine all get their own fresh water. IC and head meet back and dump out of a 3/4 hole in my OPAS block-off. This is the best way I have found of doing it. My IC bleeds behind the seat and the ET cooler dumps through the OPAS T on the top of the pump tunnel. A lot of water is used.
    Interesting setup, makes sense. Only thing I wonder is if the IC has a free 3/4 dump most of the time (until t-stat pushes some water out) if that still keeps enough water pressure to motor and exhaust?

  8. #7
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grand Haven, MI
    Posts
    3,594
    +1
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    on both my skis, I have also ran the outlet in the OPAS block off plate near the pump. 4 years and no issues.
    Good to hear, thanks Chris!

  9. #8
    rmk82nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    369
    +1
    4
    Go figure just posted a new thread about this plug glad to hear it works.

    Thanks Vern!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	359555

  10. #9
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,055
    +1
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    I run a T after my groco and a T after that. Exhaust, IC and engine all get their own fresh water. IC and head meet back and dump out of a 3/4 hole in my OPAS block-off. This is the best way I have found of doing it. My IC bleeds behind the seat and the ET cooler dumps through the OPAS T on the top of the pump tunnel. A lot of water is used.
    Interesting setup, makes sense. Only thing I wonder is if the IC has a free 3/4 dump most of the time (until t-stat pushes some water out) if that still keeps enough water pressure to motor and exhaust?
    Yes my engine runs consistent temps but then again I let it warm up before I ever beat on it. My IATs are between 10 and 15 degrees above water @ 9400RPMs with the 68-140

  11. #10
    AtoMIC_OraNGE greenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Barrie / BuckHORN Ontario
    Posts
    2,510
    +1
    234
    Vern, i run my routing this way.. have Both opas blockoffs drilled one for my ET watercooler and other for oil cooler line and that plug is where mine exits out the t stat

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva open loop stock ic routing
    By gwhitson218 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2015, 11:57 AM
  2. RIVA open loop questions
    By greenbullet in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 02:58 PM
  3. Diagram for routing/hooking up Riva open loop Therm
    By WannabeGoing80 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 02:56 PM
  4. Anyone see why I can route my Riva Open loop like this?
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 06:37 PM
  5. Riva Open Loop Question
    By rxp127 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 09:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •